I'm thisclose to switching from the BB Curve to the Motorola Droid (I'm on Verizon) but I have a few questions first and thought this is a great place to ask....
Since I've had the Curve since December 2008 I'm very used to a few features. I know the Droid will do all of them, but I just wanted to double check:
1. I use Yahoo as my main mail, not Gmail (I know, I know... GASP!). I've heard Android is a bit buggy with Yahoo, but that the new OS release, 2.1, should fix that. Is this true?
2. Is email notification instantaneous? Here's an example: at work I keep my BB next to my keyboard and have it on vibrate. I have the settings such that whenever I get a new Yahoo mail the phone vibrates once, and any new txt messages the phone vibrates twice. I'm very impressed with how quickly the BB tells me I have new Yahoo mail ... it often tells me before Yahoo Messenger does. Will this change with the Droid?
3. Not that any camera phone is great, but I am pretty impressed with the BB's phone. How is the Droid's phone?
4. The BB is great at managing multiple email accounts. I have quite a few (have one for mailings like for coupons, etc, my main one, a Gmail one, etc) and the BB pulls email in quickly. How is the Droid at managing multiple email accounts?
5. How do you like the qwerty keyboard? Which keyboard do you use more?
6. I've read all the great things about the Droid. But what about things you think could be better?