DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52

Thread: Android Market now has 30,000 to 35,000 apps

  1. Super Mod/News Team
    Shadez's Avatar
    Member #
    32075
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lafayette Hill, Pa
    Posts
    8,223
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    #1

    Android Market now has 30,000 to 35,000 apps

    How many apps are in the Android Market? Thatís not easy to pin down. Third-party market tracker AndroLib says that the number is 35,000, but a Google employee told Mobile Crunch that the official count maintained by Google is 30,000. A similar discrepancy occurred in December when AndroLib reported that the [...]Related posts:
    1. Android Market has the most free applications
    2. Android Market Share Doubles Ė Will Overtake Palm Soon
    3. Google to Announce Android Market paid apps in Canada
  2. Master Droid
    cisco0910's Avatar
    Member #
    9039
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    845
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #2
    30,000 apps and all but 100 of them are garbage imo
  3. Super Mod/News Team
    Shadez's Avatar
    Member #
    32075
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lafayette Hill, Pa
    Posts
    8,223
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by cisco0910 View Post
    30,000 apps and all but 100 of them are garbage imo
    lol this is true ..
  4. Master Droid
    cisco0910's Avatar
    Member #
    9039
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    845
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    Maybe not all garbage but if there not which majority are, I don't need the others
  5. Droid Ninja
    jcardona1's Avatar
    Member #
    15985
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Commiefornia
    Posts
    1,208
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355
    #5
    in all fairness, i seriously doubt all of apple's 100k+ apps are free from junk apps
  6. Super Mod/News Team
    Shadez's Avatar
    Member #
    32075
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lafayette Hill, Pa
    Posts
    8,223
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    #6
    I think the main thing tho that they are trying to point out is the rate that the market is growing. And as for bad apps, thats one reason we have forums like this.. I'd sure rather see the market growing then shrinking in any case..
  7. Senior Droid
    cj1896's Avatar
    Member #
    21175
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    232
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    #7
    I like google, I use their products but they are going to have to do something about the quality of the apps in the market eventually. I know they are just trying to grow it now and it garners attention and positive press. But unfortunately 29,500 of the 30,000 apps are absolute garbage. I despise apple and particularly their "my way or the highway" attitude with their apps but I am sure 99% of their apps aren't BS. It will eventually hurt the android brand if it isn't brought under control.
    Rooted GNex
    Rooted OG Transformer
  8. Droid Ninja
    gardobus's Avatar
    Member #
    257
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,973
    Phone
    Droid X
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by cj1896 View Post
    I like google, I use their products but they are going to have to do something about the quality of the apps in the market eventually. I know they are just trying to grow it now and it garners attention and positive press. But unfortunately 29,500 of the 30,000 apps are absolute garbage. I despise apple and particularly their "my way or the highway" attitude with their apps but I am sure 99% of their apps aren't BS. It will eventually hurt the android brand if it isn't brought under control.
    You're sure? I think 2% of their apps are fart apps, so they are already down to 98%.

    Apple definitely has its fair share of pointless/crap/BS apps so don't go there.

    I do admit that recently there are RIDICULOUS amounts of crap. Like Hot Babes 1, Hot Babes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Funny Jokes, Dirty Jokes, Blonde Jokes, etc when they could all be in one app. They are an attempt to make money by having people download multiple apps instead of just "Hot Babes App" or "Jokes App".
  9. Junior Droid
    smegoul's Avatar
    Member #
    39014
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    Droid
    #9
    Not having an iPhone I can't say what their app store looks like.
    However reading about the restrictions they are planning leads me to believe they have the same stupid do nothing apps that we suffer with. I read last week that they (Apple) was going to start banning apps that had little or no functionality. I believe these are the type of apps that people create thru services like Genwi.
    IMHO I'd like to see our app market come with a filter that allows one to block apps from certain people. This would be a filter local to my Droid. I'm not suggesting blocking on a more global level.
  10. Senior Droid
    cj1896's Avatar
    Member #
    21175
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    232
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by smegoul View Post
    Not having an iPhone I can't say what their app store looks like.
    However reading about the restrictions they are planning leads me to believe they have the same stupid do nothing apps that we suffer with. I read last week that they (Apple) was going to start banning apps that had little or no functionality. I believe these are the type of apps that people create thru services like Genwi.
    IMHO I'd like to see our app market come with a filter that allows one to block apps from certain people. This would be a filter local to my Droid. I'm not suggesting blocking on a more global level.
    I like this idea, like a "mark this app as spam" option.
    Rooted GNex
    Rooted OG Transformer
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Your Favorite Apps, Not From The Android Market
    By Champers in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 07:16 PM
  2. cannot download my apps from android market....
    By zero7404 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 04:31 PM
  3. Android Market hits 20,000 apps, over 60 percent free
    By RLJSlick in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 12:27 AM
  4. Android Market>Paid apps prompting for new google acount
    By krobi26 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 11:42 PM
  5. Android Market> Unable to download apps
    By joegrind in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 02:43 PM

Search tags for this page

boob apps for verizon ally

,

how do i share marketplace apps with my verizon droid

,

how many apps does the droid market

,

science geek android apps

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+