DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question from a potentional Droid buyer

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID

Question Question from a potentional Droid buyer

First off, I want to thank you all for contributing to this forum, it's been incredibly helpful in making my decision on whether or not to get rid of my Motorola Razor (I know, I know) and get a Droid.

The question is this--I have an IPod Touch (which I really do like!). But, I'd really like to have my phone and music combined into one device. Can you guys tell me a little bit more about the MP3 capabilities of the Droid? I know the jack is big enough for headphones and I can plug it into my car's Aux jack, but how practical is that? How does it react when you get calls in the middle of music? Can I listen to music and use the GPS at the same time?

I really like the Droid, I just wanna make sure it can handle my MP3s. Thanks in advance.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwassmer View Post
    First off, I want to thank you all for contributing to this forum, it's been incredibly helpful in making my decision on whether or not to get rid of my Motorola Razor (I know, I know) and get a Droid.

The question is this--I have an IPod Touch (which I really do like!). But, I'd really like to have my phone and music combined into one device. Can you guys tell me a little bit more about the MP3 capabilities of the Droid? I know the jack is big enough for headphones and I can plug it into my car's Aux jack, but how practical is that? How does it react when you get calls in the middle of music? Can I listen to music and use the GPS at the same time?

I really like the Droid, I just wanna make sure it can handle my MP3s. Thanks in advance.
    well I can tell you that when I have pandora running while using the navigation it pauses the music when stating directions and if I have a text I hear the notification as well. I am pretty sure if you have mp3s playing it would stop the music for incoming calls. I use the hands free bluetooth built into my car with no problems at all, works great. For getting your music onto your droid from itunes people in this forum have suggested media monkey saying it works well for them. good luck! this phone rocks!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    I know that when i'm listening to Pandora, it will pause the music and start the ringtone when a call comes in. Then when i'm done with the call, it goes back to playing Pandora
  5. sir
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    cool thing about putting music on this phone:

1) plug in the phone and go to the USB notification and select "mount"
    2) create a folder called "Music" on your sd card
    3) drag music into it

And that's it! When you go into the music app, it will figure out all of the albums, artists, songs, etc. which is great. Just make sure your ID3 tags are all sorted out. it'll also find album art for you which was nice to see if you don't have it.

as far as using an aux jack in your car...that's what I currently use and it works great. I know other people use bluetooth in their car and play over stereo bluetooth which is nice to hear.

hope this helps!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Thanks for all the responses... is there a shuffle feature?
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwassmer View Post
    Thanks for all the responses... is there a shuffle feature?
    There most certainly is......
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID
    Great!

This is off topic, but it's true that Facebook syncs up with your contacts and provides your friends' pics in the contacts section? Thats so cool to me.
  9. sir
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    sure does. i would suggest configuring it first such that it only syncs Facebook contacts if they exist in your phone Contacts list already. Otherwise you'll pound your contact list with a ton of people you probably don't really want in your phone.
  10. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sir View Post
    sure does. i would suggest configuring it first such that it only syncs Facebook contacts if they exist in your phone Contacts list already. Otherwise you'll pound your contact list with a ton of people you probably don't really want in your phone.
    Agree and good advice
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    I stream my audio to my car's built in bluetooth. It works great. Sound is better than streaming was on the iphone. Also, I can choose to only stream music and not take the calls over BT. That feature is great to me. Just one little thing that makes a world of difference.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links