DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Do You Need a Data Plan?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Really who needs a data plan? Every where I go there is free WiFi which is pretty much work, school and home. That pretty much sums up 90% of my day is in between those 3 places. Sure you might go out to eat or to a movie or something but why would i need internet access there? I just dont see the point of it unless they bring the costs way down from what they are now. So as stated, WiFi works for me. and no i don't just want a txting phone. Ive got one of those already, I want an all in one device. Movies, music, Free GPS navigation, games, and whatever other applications i might find useful. What i want is pretty much an iphone without a data plan and on verizon (with free gps as well) . Right now ive got an LG Dare and that phone is pretty much good for nothing but txting and calling people. And that is better then an Env2 and a chocolate in my humble opinion.
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    yeah, maybe i didn't understand what you wanted.. and something i wasn't taking into consideration was the wifi. i haven't had a phone with wifi, so the data plan has been necessary. but that really might work pretty well without it. good call.
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    it doesn't matter if you get the phone directly from verizon or at&t or anything of the likes. First it would have to be an unlocked version of it... most unlikely to come out quickly (might be wrong). Second off, you would have to get a voice plan somewhere, it doesn't matter where you get it from (verizon, at&t, t-mob, sprint) they all will charge you no matter what, unless you can trick them into not doing it. Because most of the time they have to program is # with their network ID's and other crap. So basically just get the phone through one of the companies, save yourself some money because if you get it unlocked it's mainly for the purpose of putting it on a network that doesn't offer that phone. (i.e., Iphone on verizon) Companies give you a better deal on the phone up front because they get the money of the phone later on with your contract. Which is also the reason why you pay cancellation fee's. (I know they make ALOT more then just the small price of the phone back)
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Thank you for that help. But new2u did you say you could get an unlocked iphone on your verizon plan?
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    I was merely using it as a for instance, but I do know of people that had bought the iphone and unlocked it, and used it on a different network. I'm not sure if it was verizon or not. I think it was sprint or t-mob
  6. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Premium Member
    Looks like they will require a data plan:

"Customers will need a voice plan starting at $39 and a web and email plan for $29 per month".
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    I'm an existing customer on Verizon that already has the unlimited data/text plan and a voice plan, so for me it doesn't change my service at all. Actually, my service will get $10 cheaper because I'm currently paying for Verizon's navigator.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    I have read these posts but didn't see a definite answer. If you are going to purchase this phone and use on the Verizon Network they WILL require you to get a data plan for it. You will not be able to activate this phone with Verizon without a data plan. I asked the same question with my HTC and Blackberry. I confirmed this with Verizon. Their system makes you get a data plan.
  9. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCntry View Post
    I have read these posts but didn't see a definite answer. If you are going to purchase this phone and use on the Verizon Network they WILL require you to get a data plan for it. You will not be able to activate this phone with Verizon without a data plan. I asked the same question with my HTC and Blackberry. I confirmed this with Verizon. Their system makes you get a data plan.
    That is very disappointing. Thanks for the heads up though!
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    The phone is not for those who can't...

Because Droid Does!
    Droid Nov 6th...Hopefully I get mine!
    http://androidandme.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/droid-does-post-image.jpg
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links