DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Droid touch up paint?

  1. Senior Droid
    streetkid's Avatar
    Member #
    32314
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    126
    Phone
    RAZR
    #11
    I personally think it looks badass with the scratches.. keep em!
  2. Senior Droid
    Ridley's Avatar
    Member #
    1762
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    129
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #12
    Ya know what's funny?

    The paint on mine held up fine.

  3. Super Moderator
    Vulcan1600's Avatar
    Member #
    7183
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,569
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #13
    I dropped my onto the cement steps a few weeks ago when I slipped on ice, it landed face down and scratched the outer surface. It was my wife who had the idea to use a Sharpie...and it worked great.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

  4. Droid
    Ricocht77's Avatar
    Member #
    39382
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    44
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan1600Rider View Post
    I dropped my onto the cement steps a few weeks ago when I slipped on ice, it landed face down and scratched the outer surface. It was my wife who had the idea to use a Sharpie...and it worked great.
    + 1 for the Sharpie, mine had a minor scrape and the Sharpie works wonders, i can't even tell and im holding it up almost to my eyeball
  5. mcb
    mcb is offline
    Junior Droid
    mcb's Avatar
    Member #
    83
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    29
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #15
    I have a few nicks in the edge of the cover right up to the glass. I tried the Sharpie route as a temp fix, but being right on the edge, it rubbed off pretty quick.

    Going to try the touch up paint now. Hadn't thought of that. I was thinking a semi-gloss model paint, which might be cheaper, but its made for plastic and might not hold up well on the metal of the Droid.
  6. Droid Newbie
    hover's Avatar
    Member #
    41674
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by streetkid View Post
    I personally think it looks badass with the scratches.. keep em!

    quoted for truth.
  7. Master Droid
    texasPI's Avatar
    Member #
    481
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Montgomery, AL
    Posts
    433
    Phone
    VZW GS3
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by mcb View Post
    I have a few nicks in the edge of the cover right up to the glass. I tried the Sharpie route as a temp fix, but being right on the edge, it rubbed off pretty quick.

    Going to try the touch up paint now. Hadn't thought of that. I was thinking a semi-gloss model paint, which might be cheaper, but its made for plastic and might not hold up well on the metal of the Droid.
    I tried the black model paint and it just didn't stick. It eventually rubbed off.
    Erik
  8. Master Droid
    bomber889's Avatar
    Member #
    48503
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    864
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    #18
    Maybe you should get a case too lol.
  9. Master Droid
    meaker's Avatar
    Member #
    14214
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    393
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #19
    I have some scratches and tried the sharpie and it wears off to fast. Best to find a good auto touch paint.
  10. Droid
    Christobal's Avatar
    Member #
    2992
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northern, VA
    Posts
    53
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by texasPI View Post
    I tried the black model paint and it just didn't stick. It eventually rubbed off.
    Same here. Looked good for a few days though. Sharpie also fades quickly. It seems as though my small chip is growing. It's on the exact lower left corner near the screen.

    C
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Paint chipping off camera button
    By DroidPDX in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 02:59 PM
  2. Gold paint coming off camera button?
    By droid100 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 02:39 PM
  3. Black paint?
    By RW-1 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-27-2010, 10:54 AM
  4. DROID versus htc touch pro 2
    By apl3 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 02:52 PM
  5. New to Droid from EnV Touch
    By Gank in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 04:29 PM

Search tags for this page

cell phone paint touch up
,
cell phone repair paint
,

cell phone touch up paint

,
finish coming off droid x
,
mobile phone touch up paint
,
phone paint repair
,

touch up paint for cell phone

,
touch up paint for cell phones
,
touch up paint for droid
,
touch up paint for phones
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+