DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First time user many many questions

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    moto droid X!
    Cool not a problem jus slight annoyance. But compared to my niece throwing stuff at me behind me while i type this from my phone lol thats nothing. Thanks everyone.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    About the Youtube problem:

Some videos DO use the full screen. It appears that it makes the video as big as possible, without cutting the edges off, or stretching/cropping the picture.

In other words, its kinda like a normal TV channel on a HD TV. Since the video is not made in widescreen, the phone will not use the full screen.

Maybe in the future we will get an option to stretch the video to fit the screen, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Its possible that it would be too CPU intensive to change flash video aspect ratios like that.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    moto droid X!
    Thanks for letting me know about that. I wont go nuts trying to figure out what I did to make this Weird al video go full screen but the naruto episode isn't lol.

New question!!!

Does anyone know how i can MOVE a pic from a folder I have into a different folder? For example I have pix from the camera, and pix ive saved off of text messages but they are only in the "downloaded" folder. I want to move the pix into my other folders I had previously created in my other phone that is now on this sd card. (Idk if i made sense or not)

I can't find any options to move a picture. Let alone name or even rename it. Any ideas?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I'm a newbie... hahaha not to smart phones but to the Droid... this one is smarter than me! I am also interested in moving pics to a folder so it doesn't POP right out there! haha
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phatkat66 View Post
    Thanks for letting me know about that. I wont go nuts trying to figure out what I did to make this Weird al video go full screen but the naruto episode isn't lol.

New question!!!

Does anyone know how i can MOVE a pic from a folder I have into a different folder? For example I have pix from the camera, and pix ive saved off of text messages but they are only in the "downloaded" folder. I want to move the pix into my other folders I had previously created in my other phone that is now on this sd card. (Idk if i made sense or not)

I can't find any options to move a picture. Let alone name or even rename it. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by nite1964 View Post
    I'm a newbie... hahaha not to smart phones but to the Droid... this one is smarter than me! I am also interested in moving pics to a folder so it doesn't POP right out there! haha
    You need to download a file explorer app. You can do a Market search for 'file explorer' and you'll get a bunch. I recommend EStrongs File Explorer. With it you can also connect to your home PC via wi-fi... and they're working on developing FTP. Little FYI since the developer was nice enough to respond to my E-mail

edit: Works the same as Windows Explorer as far as moving files (copy/cut/paste, etc) and you can move files from PC to DROID and vice versa.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    For youtube when you are watching a video make sure you go to menu and view it in high quality..that usually fills the screen
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    New with the droid also and this is my first smartphone. can anyone tell me how to view saved text attachments? I saved the picture to the SD but i can't for the life of me figure out how to view the saved file? Help please!! Thanks in advance

Also....can you put additional ringtones on this phone? My last phone was a voyager and it was a breeze.....
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by huskur View Post
    New with the droid also and this is my first smartphone. can anyone tell me how to view saved text attachments? I saved the picture to the SD but i can't for the life of me figure out how to view the saved file? Help please!! Thanks in advance

Also....can you put additional ringtones on this phone? My last phone was a voyager and it was a breeze.....
    Pull up that main menu with all your apps ando ther icons on it. Go to the one called "Gallery" and all your pictures/videos show up there. All your audio files show up under the Music icon.

You can easily set ringtones using an app called Ringdroid.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    OK....new question for anyone who can help. Is there a way to clear your entire text messaging all at one time instead of one thread at a time?
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Many of these questions about finding, moving, and renaming files are due to the fact that the Droid does not have a built in file manager. There are several good (and free) file management apps in the Market. One of the more popular (and highly rated) free file management apps is Astro. I use it and like it.

Astro will also solve the problem of having all pictures show up together when you enter the Gallery. Use Astro to set up several different folders for your pictures. Then, instead of viewing you pictures with "Gallery", go into Astro and just open the folder that has the pictures in it you want to view. (Note: ALL of your pictures will still show up together if you do view then using the Gallery - but by using Astro you now have a different way to view them)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links