DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who's fault is it??

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Motorola - Device issues or inability to adapt the source code

44 43.14%
  • Google - Poor source code

6 5.88%
  • App Makers - Apps not playing well with 2.1

2 1.96%
  • VZW - Are they waiting for the Nexus or another device

50 49.02%
  • Google (Market) - lack of control of market place (leading to SO MANY bad apps)??

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So who's fault is it?

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3

So who's fault is it?

Okay this thread is NOT meant to speculate on the release date of any OTA but just to get a general census of why people think the OTA is taking so freaking long...

So, is it the fault of:
    1 - Motorola - for some possible hardware issues or just poor in-house adaptation/development of the source
    2 - Google - for poor source, lack of support or some other issue
    3 - VZW - waiting for the Nexus of other marketing BS
    4 - App makers - Conflicts or other issues maybe?
    5 - Google Market - no stability or standardization enforced by Google leading towards a LOT of bad apps

My vote is #1 followed closely by #5. How about you all?
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  2. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    I rather them hurry up with flash capability. As far as the ota; i think people are sweating it way too much.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotcharles747 View Post
    I rather them hurry up with flash capability. As far as the ota; i think people are sweating it way too much.
    I agree... but then I have been using cooked/OC'd ROMs for a while so I've been enjoying the benefits. I really can't imaging having to use the stock ROM... a buddy just bought a new Droid and we switched for a few minutes so he could see what the ROMs were about.... HOLLY H3LL the stock ROM is slow and ugly...

But personally I think it's either Moto or VZW... given the great ROMs that the chefs have been putting out with their limited time and resources... either Moto REALLY sucks (which they do) or their is some other reason they (or VZW) is holding off....

Just thought it'd be cool to see what the rest of the community thinks.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    i believe it is adobe's fault but not a blame game because i would like a full version of adobe with 2.1. eh i dont care i just want Black Droids V7

5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Don't care whose fault, although I think mostly #1. There's really nothing 2.1 can give that I'd be interested in except, Flash and loading apps from the sd card. Our devs have done a fantastic job making the Droid more capable than originally released.
  6. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    it is what it is. I am enjoying my roms and will get it when i get it.......or not. Its funny that people are on motorolas facebook page cussing them out over an update. Its sad, but to add; I allowed this dude with an iphone to play with my rooted droid. Showed him wifi tether, 2,1 senseui, live wall paper, o/c and it had the glass theme. He said "I played with other droids and they look plain, but man this thing is badd@..,"
    He could not look at his iphone the same way after that.\ lol.
  7. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    The answer is none of the above......
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid 4
    the majority of ppl dont care what else droid does or what iphone doesnt they are just content. im greedy i want more from my droid and i am happy that droid delivers.

DROID DOES

9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Storm (9530) IS GONE! DROID!
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    The answer is none of the above......
    *sigh* That doesn't help much.

Let me guess...it's Apples fault!

When in doubt, blame apple? Why? cause it's fun!
  10. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    its actaully my fault; i wanted more time to play with roms, so i called motorola and asked them to push back the ota.

In all honesty; though I wish moto/vzw would be more open on what is happening, ie problem with such and such, we did get an update a couple months back and the phone is not having any major issues where an update is needed. If moto would not have allowed the ota to have been leaked, we would have been happy with our phones and not worry about an update. THis ota stuff has gotten to a point that it is getting ridiculous. Trust me unless it contains adobe flash those that are rooted and install the 2.1 ota will just start a bunch of thread about how much of a let down it was and that you can not believe that they did not add _________ .

I have a request for the mods/admins, I would like to be the first to start the "I am disappointed in the 2.1 update" Can I go ahead and start that.......I'm not asking to have it stickied, just that you not close it or move it. Let me kno lol.
    Last edited by pc747; 03-10-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links