DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who's fault is it??

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Motorola - Device issues or inability to adapt the source code

44 43.14%
  • Google - Poor source code

6 5.88%
  • App Makers - Apps not playing well with 2.1

2 1.96%
  • VZW - Are they waiting for the Nexus or another device

50 49.02%
  • Google (Market) - lack of control of market place (leading to SO MANY bad apps)??

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So who's fault is it?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bugless Beast
    Why does anyone care about the 2.1 ota anymore? Just get a rom? I love my droid and my life backgrounds.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    lol, the lack of ota really hasn't mattered to me since 2.1 roms built on real Droid 2.1 "releases" came out despite the lack of an ota update, the scrolling and keyboard seem a lot better in 2.1 and the live wallpapers are bomb (try "Live Waterpaper").
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Johns Phone
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Motorola has submitted 2.1 to Verizon. It failed Verizon's security testing so changes had to be made to it before it can pass the security checks. From what I have read this has happened twice now. So all in all its Verizon's fault. I would rather it be delayed and have no issues then it be rushed and have problems.

This is also why Verizon was the last to release a blackberry update. When they finally came out they were flawless (most of the time)
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Its amusing to hear everyone say update 2.1 is no big deal, yet their rooted and have 2.1. I have have yet to jump and if the ROM's weren't available I'm sure most of you would be clamoring for 2.1 also. To say get over it is ridiculous. I would prefer my 2.1 form Motorola. I am not very tech savvy and don't want to chance it. (Family moto: Murphy's law). So...to say get over it or its no big deal, WHILE YOUR RUNNING IT yourself is upsetting.......I can't wait for 2.1, I just want the one promised to us...
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I'm awaiting the ota, so that the first ones who get it will give the rest of us an update.zip to install.

I would have rooted by now, and may yet do so, but I figured that if it finally happened, that the dev's out there would have the "finished" 2.1 to work with, root it and then release ROMS on it, that would then be the time to go with it.

I've seen one person's OC'd and ROM'd Droid, man it is totally compelling to do after seeing it live.
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bpad10 View Post
    Its amusing to hear everyone say update 2.1 is no big deal, yet their rooted and have 2.1. I have have yet to jump and if the ROM's weren't available I'm sure most of you would be clamoring for 2.1 also. To say get over it is ridiculous. I would prefer my 2.1 form Motorola. I am not very tech savvy and don't want to chance it. (Family moto: Murphy's law). So...to say get over it or its no big deal, WHILE YOUR RUNNING IT yourself is upsetting.......I can't wait for 2.1, I just want the one promised to us...
    No disrespect but nobody promised you would get 2.1 other then some people on line who have no control over the distribution. This to this day it still remains to be a rumored update. Nobody has sent anything out to Verizon customers indicating that 2.1 would be along the way.

Now I admit there does seem to be some documentation that would allow you to think it was promised to us but that's just not the case.

If you are referring to a Verizon Rep promising you 2.1, well then you have a point but lets face it Verizon Reps really don't know that much about what's going on in regards to updates. If they promised you this I'd take that with a grain of salt.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer

wrong

No hook you are wrong when motorola, google tell us we will be getting 2.1 that is a promise of getting it! I dont care what involvement verizon has We bought a motorola phone and motorola has stated we will get 2.1 therefor we are to get it or this is called false advertising or misleading sales tactics both illegal and valid lawsuits. Your post is just plain wrong and as a news person this is poor! there has been documentation from the manufacturer of the phone that the droid would get it. its definatley promised and advertised where you get this is not the case is beyond me.
    On the important front flash is the advertising feature that led me to purchase this phone and 2.1 can wait until flash is ready for me.
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle1967 View Post
    No hook you are wrong when motorola, google tell us we will be getting 2.1 that is a promise of getting it! I dont care what involvement verizon has We bought a motorola phone and motorola has stated we will get 2.1 therefor we are to get it or this is called false advertising or misleading sales tactics both illegal and valid lawsuits. Your post is just plain wrong and as a news person this is poor! there has been documentation from the manufacturer of the phone that the droid would get it. its definatley promised and advertised where you get this is not the case is beyond me.
    On the important front flash is the advertising feature that led me to purchase this phone and 2.1 can wait until flash is ready for me.
    I stand corrected, but I believe the statement made was "soon" and no definition of time is mentioned. But you are correct Motorola did announce it was coming to the Droid. Not to make excuses but I was speaking from a Verizon point of view.

Motorola did indeed say in that very mixed up statement that it would be released soon and I did forget about that document. It's the only thing that is out there but that should be sufficient enough.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    While it's true an official 2.1 is not out there, those of us who have rooted do have the features 2.1 offers. Since it is available in ROM's, yes I'm one of those who don't care when 2.1 officially drops. There are many people on here that would offer to help you root and check out what these ROM's have to offer. Sorry if you are upset by all this, but take it from this old 50 yr old who was totally afraid to root because I was afraid I'd brick the phone...it's virtually impossible to brick. PM me and I'll help, or PM some of the others who have rooted and they will be more than happy to help you out.

The intent of this thread was not to turn it into a root vs non-root, it was to get opinions why it hasn't dropped yet. Being a former VZW rep and a former BB user, I blame a lot of the delay on VZW testing and not approving it.
    Last edited by Vulcan1600; 03-11-2010 at 05:32 AM.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan1600Rider View Post
    While it's true an official 2.1 is not out there, those of us who have rooted do have the features 2.1 offers. Since it is available in ROM's, yes I'm one of those who don't care when 2.1 officially drops. There are many people on here that would offer to help you root and check out what these ROM's have to offer. Sorry if you are upset by all this, but take it from this old 50 yr old who was totally afraid to root because I was afraid I'd brick the phone...it's virtually impossible to brick. PM me and I'll help, or PM some of the others who have rooted and they will be more than happy to help you out.

The intent of this thread was not to turn it into a root vs non-root, it was to get opinions why it hasn't dropped yet. Being a former VZW rep and a former BB user, I blame a lot of the delay on VZW testing and not approving it.

I'm sorry if I was misunderstood...I think its fantstic that many are rooted and there are many excellent choices available. I contemplate taking the plunge myself. What bothers me are people saying its no big deal and quit whining yet they have all the features I am hoping for via the update. "Soon" was over a month ago.
    Hell, I want answers from Verizon and Motorola more than the update. We pay thousands and get no response. I was always under the impression companies should be liable to their costumers....if there is growing concern they should address it....
    Who's at fault? Motorola for no response, Verizon for being oblivious or holding it back, us for not pressing the issue, and me for complaining and whining too damn much
    Now, have to admit this board is, by far, the best, most complete board out there....thank you for all of the information and guidance....
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links