DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not getting notified of emails

1. golfchic130

Question Not getting notified of emails

To make this short and sweet, after finally getting the email issue straightened out by using k9 and being able to setup an embarq account, my phone will not notify me of new emails unless they are sent from someone who has a gmail account - i.e. johndoe@gmail.com. I have had 2 people with gmail accounts email me and the phone notifies me with all the bells and whistles. The same 2 people emailed me using different accounts such as embarq or whatever and the phone will not notify me. I have to go into my email to see if there is anything there. I have checked, double checked and triple checked all the settings. My husband has a droid set up exactly like mine and he gets notifies of incoming emails. Anyone out there have this problem?

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    I have had both k9 and the stock app stop polling but I didn't notice if it had anything to do with where the emails were coming from. My solution, has been to not use wifi. Do you use wifi?
    Last edited by aminaked; 03-10-2010 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Oops, thought you were on the gmail client. "Gmail notifier" won't work for k9.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RoboDROID
    My K9 just started doing this yesterday as well, I am on version 2512....you?

Quote Originally Posted by golfchic130 View Post
    To make this short and sweet, after finally getting the email issue straightened out by using k9 and being able to setup an embarq account, my phone will not notify me of new emails unless they are sent from someone who has a gmail account - i.e. johndoe@gmail.com. I have had 2 people with gmail accounts email me and the phone notifies me with all the bells and whistles. The same 2 people emailed me using different accounts such as embarq or whatever and the phone will not notify me. I have to go into my email to see if there is anything there. I have checked, double checked and triple checked all the settings. My husband has a droid set up exactly like mine and he gets notifies of incoming emails. Anyone out there have this problem?
  5. golfchic130
    This may sound stupid but I'm not to techno savey. How do I find out what version I have
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    OK, maybe not wifi. There is a bug in k9 where you should set "Folders to display" to "All". Here's the bug link. You can go there and "star" it to vote on it.

Issue 1136 - k9mail - Will not Sync Email Folders Unless 'Folders to Display is set to ALL' - Project Hosting on Google Code
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RoboDROID
    I still can't get my regular email account to notify me.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by FSRBIKER View Post
    Are you using k9? a task killer? wifi?
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RoboDROID
    K9, no task killer, wifi or not doesn't matter

Quote Originally Posted by aminaked View Post
    Are you using k9? a task killer? wifi?
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    K9, no task killer, wifi or not doesn't matter
    Frikkin' k9. There are at least 3 bug reports for this at their google code site (see my sig for links)

So you definitely have "Folders to display" set to All, right? That was a solution for one of the bug reports.

I'm not saying I have all the answers, but you might want to give this a try:

1) shut off wifi
    2) reboot
    3) DON'T use wifi at all ever

See if that fixes the polling issue. If it does, then maybe ease back into using wifi. Turn it on when you need it and off when you're done. I'm out of ideas!
  11. golfchic130
    Interestingly enough, I do use "app Killer". The only time my phone notifies me of email...in any account - either k9 or accounts set up under gmail is when I turn the phone on. Because I don't get notified, I just check my email every so often to see what has come in.

So what you are all saying is having the app killer is BS with regard to battery life and when you kill the email app with app killer it won't allow notifications of email??? Well with my husbands droid - which is set exactly like mine with the app killer and k9 email - he will get notified. Maybe not all the time - but more then I do. Someday Google, motorola and verizon will get their crap together and fix the glitches in these devices. There is probably some obscure little techno geek sitting in front of a computer having the answer to all of this but becuase he hasn't been asked, he won't tell!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links