DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Battery Usage Comparison!

  1. Master Droid
    solorca's Avatar
    Member #
    34160
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    330
    Phone
    Incredible
    #1

    Battery Usage Comparison!

    I have been playing Droidlive for about two hours now and noticed a significant drop in the amount of juice my battery has left. I am wondering about the general expectation for battery usage?

    For instance...

    - How long does your battery last while playing music (Pandora, Slacker, etc.?)

    - How many hours of display use does it usually take to kill your battery?

    I have an extended battery now and usually get a full day without any issue, but i'm noticing more and more drain with certain programs. Droidmod also seems to be a HUGE drain on the battery.
  2. Droid Sensei
    LtKen's Avatar
    Member #
    31927
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,637
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    #2
    I can run Pandora, iHeartRadio, WifiTether for upwards of 8 hours before I need to recharge.

    I get about 2 days of normal use out of the phone with one charge.

    GPS is the battery killer, make sure it's not actively working all the time.

    I've been running DroidMod and SholesMod since they became popular, with no changes. OC'd to 800mhz.
  3. Droid
    faxman75's Avatar
    Member #
    43215
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    75
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #3
    Here's what I do. I have aut sync and background data syncing turned off. Wifi is always off as well. I have mylock so I put the screen to sleep once i'm done doing whatever I need to do on my phone and see the screen. I have also turned my brightness all the way down (can still see everything perfectly IMO) and use task killer.

    I use my phone as a music player at work. Before I changed all of these settings I was getting about 3 hours or so and that was with regular use, checking e-mails, texting a handful of times and having the media player or a music app going the entire time.

    Today I unplugged with 100% when I woke up. I'm currently at 6.5 hours straight. No breaks in music listening, that's 3.5 hours of media player listening, 3 hours of droid live lite app listening, a dozen or so text messages, zero phone calls and 10 minutes or so of web surfing and briefly connecting to the marketplace to search for maybe 2 minutes.

    My battery has been blinking 5% for over an hour now but still going. I will post final results when it completely drains.
  4. Senior Droid
    Brokn68's Avatar
    Member #
    42495
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    173
    Phone
    Droid
    #4
    I get a good day or so of average use before I have to charge.
  5. Droid
    faxman75's Avatar
    Member #
    43215
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    75
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokn68 View Post
    I get a good day or so of average use before I have to charge.
    That's not very helpful at all. You told us nothing.
  6. Droid
    faxman75's Avatar
    Member #
    43215
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    75
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #6
    Phone just died. I used the screen a bit more in the last hour or so. Sent a few more texts, continued streaming music over the net with an app and even used the phone again setting up an interview for tomorrow. So with using the media player for 3.5 hours and streaming on droid live lite for 4.5 hours and using texting, phone calls, facebook and the marketplace lightly, i got a full 8 hours out of the stock battery with the Motorola Droid.

    Is that good? Bad? About right?
  7. Senior Droid
    anewday's Avatar
    Member #
    39644
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    248
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Phone just died. I used the screen a bit more in the last hour or so. Sent a few more texts, continued streaming music over the net with an app and even used the phone again setting up an interview for tomorrow. So with using the media player for 3.5 hours and streaming on droid live lite for 4.5 hours and using texting, phone calls, facebook and the marketplace lightly, i got a full 8 hours out of the stock battery with the Motorola Droid.

    Is that good? Bad? About right?
    That is very good. How many apps have you installed?
  8. Droid
    faxman75's Avatar
    Member #
    43215
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    75
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by anewday View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Phone just died. I used the screen a bit more in the last hour or so. Sent a few more texts, continued streaming music over the net with an app and even used the phone again setting up an interview for tomorrow. So with using the media player for 3.5 hours and streaming on droid live lite for 4.5 hours and using texting, phone calls, facebook and the marketplace lightly, i got a full 8 hours out of the stock battery with the Motorola Droid.

    Is that good? Bad? About right?
    That is very good. How many apps have you installed?
    Installed...
    Advanced Audio Manager
    Advanced Task Killer
    Alice
    Astro Player
    Barcode scanner
    wefi connect
    wave secure
    droidlive lite
    goggles
    handscent sms
    mylock
    listen
    live scores
    livelist
    maps
    B of A banking
    moto torch led
    movies
    paypal
    photobucket
    pkt auctions ebay
    pro zoom camera 5x
    shazam
    tip calculator
    ustream broadcaster
    video player
    weather bug


    Now mind they aren't running. Like I said I use task killer and about the only things running all the time are whatever i'm using to listen to music, weather bug, alarm clock and mylock. Nothing else. I use task killer after I use everything like messaging and making phone calls. So basically apps are only open when i'm using them.
  9. Droid Ninja
    LifeIsABeach's Avatar
    Member #
    359
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    2 times
    #9
    Your overuse of Task Killer may be part of your problem. There is no need to kill things when you stop using them. If you are killing off things the phone needs it will kill more battery restarting them. The biggest battery drainer is usally the display. Is the display on the whole time you are using driod lite? If so that is where most of your battery is probably going. Check the Battery Usage under Settings and it will tell you what is using your battery.
  10. Droid
    faxman75's Avatar
    Member #
    43215
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    75
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsABeach View Post
    Your overuse of Task Killer may be part of your problem. There is no need to kill things when you stop using them. If you are killing off things the phone needs it will kill more battery restarting them. The biggest battery drainer is usally the display. Is the display on the whole time you are using driod lite? If so that is where most of your battery is probably going. Check the Battery Usage under Settings and it will tell you what is using your battery.
    Part of what problem? I didn't think I had a problem, anewday just said the 8 hours of battery while running media music the entire time was good.

    I'm killing off things i'm not needing or using. Did you read any of my posts? If you don't kill things once you are done using them they keep running and using battery for no reason at all. This is why a program like task killer exists.

    Am I the crazy one?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Apps and battery usage
    By psychobabble in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 11:45 AM
  2. battery usage incorrect
    By voodoo in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 06:30 AM
  3. Battery Usage
    By iwantadroid in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2009, 11:18 AM
  4. Battery usage
    By mynameiserich in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 05:44 PM
  5. Battery Usage
    By silverjk2007 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 11:38 PM

Search tags for this page

does listening to music kill the battery on droid

,

does streaming music on a phone drain the battery

,

how long will battery last if streaming pandora

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+