DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Forwarding text messages with Droid

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    Don't want to make a new thread, and I searched, kinda tired so maybe not search so well.

The other day someone wanted a phone # through text. On my old WinMo device I simply went to the contact and "send number through text" or something along those lines.

Now i poke around a bit in Android and I could not find that sort of option like that at all. I use handcent, so that might be a problem, but how on earth do you send a certain contact's number through a text message? My method was just memorizing the number real quick and typing it out (yeah I could've tried to hold the number and paste it back on the sms, but was pretty frustrated by this point and forgot to try it).

I haven't tried since, this topic just reminded me of what I went through. Doesn't happen often, but when it does, I wish it was easy.

edit: Sorry I'm hijacking the thread, but seems your question was answered, rddog.
    Each contact has an option to "share" contact info... but the only Apps that are listed to share via are Barcode Scanner and GMail. No Handcent or Messaging... hmmm.
  2. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1045 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    Don't want to make a new thread, and I searched, kinda tired so maybe not search so well.

The other day someone wanted a phone # through text. On my old WinMo device I simply went to the contact and "send number through text" or something along those lines.

Now i poke around a bit in Android and I could not find that sort of option like that at all. I use handcent, so that might be a problem, but how on earth do you send a certain contact's number through a text message? My method was just memorizing the number real quick and typing it out (yeah I could've tried to hold the number and paste it back on the sms, but was pretty frustrated by this point and forgot to try it).

I haven't tried since, this topic just reminded me of what I went through. Doesn't happen often, but when it does, I wish it was easy.

edit: Sorry I'm hijacking the thread, but seems your question was answered, rddog.
    Each contact has an option to "share" contact info... but the only Apps that are listed to share via are Barcode Scanner and GMail. No Handcent or Messaging... hmmm.
    ooooooo ok. Now i see where share contact is.

wow they don't even have it to share through the stock messaging app. Hope google fixes this in 2.0.2 or 2.1. Would be very handy in texting.

thanks for clearing that up for me Martin!
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Two Motorola Droid Family
    Is there a way to:
    1. Forward a whole thread, not just one message
    2. Retain the original attribution ... when I forward a message, it comes out with me as the author instead of the original author?
    Thx
    Last edited by brieguy; 03-11-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links