DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63

Thread: We Welcome All Members, And We Are Here To Help

  1. Premium Member
    RinTinTigger's Avatar
    Member #
    544
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany, Near Frankfurt/Main
    Posts
    2,916
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone VF Germany
    Premium Member
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan1600Rider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RinTinTigger View Post
    One thing i'd like to Add!

    I AM NOT ROOTED yet, and i wont. So everyone having non-root questions is welcome to ask. I will personally care for them and help em wherever i can.

    Non-Rooters are NO Secound Class people! We wouldnt accept that. But in a forums there is always a minorty for something...and that those minority-questions are not getting the highest amount of attention should be clear to everyone. But im there for you as well as all other mods, SMODS and ADMINS!!


    Tigger
    Tigger - you aren't rooted....see if I ever talk to you again.
    I Hope this is a promise
  2. Droid Ninja
    Jim 777's Avatar
    Member #
    19480
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,271
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    I've seen a couple of disturbing post this morning in the forums from people who are fairly new discussing the amount of talk about rooting that is going on and also as to whether or not we treat people who don't root like second class citizens. Also I'm seeing some comments from people complaining about not getting answers to their questions if they are not about rooting.

    It's my personal experience in here that this forum has from the first moment I walked in always tried to make people feel welcome, offer help and advice, and do it's best to keep it from becoming like some forums that won't be mentioned have become.

    Admins and mods work hard to keep this forum a great place. There has been some changes and I understand that the rooting may seem to be the majority of conversation here, but they have tried to keep that in the hack section and have places like the general discussion forum available for other issues. Not to mention that each phone has it's own discussion as well.

    If you're a new member and you have a question you can't find an answer for please do ask. We will do our very best to try to help you, and we do appreciate you being a member of the forum.

    If you have an issue and someone flames you, please report it. Mods want to know about it so they can take care of it right then and there. Venting in various threads is not going to help the matter any.

    Thanks for being a part of this forum, everyone. I really love this place and I know for a fact that mods and admins want everyone to feel welcome.
    That's not true, I'm rooted and can't get my non-rotting questions answered!

    Quote Originally Posted by nerdbox08 View Post
    I might not be a mod, but I am always willing to help if I can. I also don't mind pm or an email.

    There are several non-mods who could say the same.

    Like Jonny said, sometimes posts get buried, this is a high traffic forum, so giving a bump every once in a while isn't bad, just don't drowned every sub forum bumping every three minutes.

    Droid users unite, regardless of droid flavor
    I too try to help where I can. Since new to the phone and the site, my experience is limited but growing daily. As it does I find more and more times I can jump in and offer up assistance. I've gotten a few PMs and also welcome them.

    For those who are making the statements about their questions not getting addressed I say this. The the site is huge and difficult for anyone (admin, mod, user) to keep up on. One individual thread can easily be over looked for a while and sometimes a BUMP is called for. Meanwhile, keep searching (which in itself can be frustrating) and stick with it, you'll get there.
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1
    My broken glass icons: Broken Icons | Android Logo Icons (in progress): Android Icons

  3. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by bike_guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    I've seen a couple of disturbing post this morning in the forums from people who are fairly new discussing the amount of talk about rooting that is going on and also as to whether or not we treat people who don't root like second class citizens. Also I'm seeing some comments from people complaining about not getting answers to their questions if they are not about rooting.

    It's my personal experience in here that this forum has from the first moment I walked in always tried to make people feel welcome, offer help and advice, and do it's best to keep it from becoming like some forums that won't be mentioned have become.

    Admins and mods work hard to keep this forum a great place. There has been some changes and I understand that the rooting may seem to be the majority of conversation here, but they have tried to keep that in the hack section and have places like the general discussion forum available for other issues. Not to mention that each phone has it's own discussion as well.

    If you're a new member and you have a question you can't find an answer for please do ask. We will do our very best to try to help you, and we do appreciate you being a member of the forum.

    If you have an issue and someone flames you, please report it. Mods want to know about it so they can take care of it right then and there. Venting in various threads is not going to help the matter any.

    Thanks for being a part of this forum, everyone. I really love this place and I know for a fact that mods and admins want everyone to feel welcome.
    That's not true, I'm rooted and can't get my non-rotting questions answered!
    Part of the purpose of this post was to let people know that we are willing to help in non rooted related questions. I can't answer every question everyone ask, and I don't want to just toss something out there just to give an answer.

    I do the best I can to answer a question. I search for answers for peoples questions that I can't answer because first I want to help them and second because I need to learn myself. Miami has put it out there, he said if you have a question you can't get an answer PM him and he will get you an answer. I think he's trying to make it clear that we do want to resolve issues when we can and if it's possible. I don't know what more we can do then have an Admin give a promise of help personally. Sorry if you feel that we are not giving you the answers you are looking for. Going forward lets see if we can't change your opinion.

    And since everybody else has mentioned it I'll mention to that yes I'm rooted but I've only been so for about a week and so far I have gone back to stock 3 times.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #14
    Don't let the 'rooted' folks scare ya off people.

    There's room for all of us, and there's no reason to feel like a second class citizen.
    We've got sub forums here to help get your questions in the right place. If someone is out of line, as others have said, hit the report button.

    Do not feel pressured to root either. I've seen time and time again many people pushing 'root' to anyone and everyone. Read up if it interests you and see what it entails... then make a choice.
  5. Droid Newbie
    johndmfh's Avatar
    Member #
    46115
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #15
    Is the a way to have a reminder setup when you miss a text message
  6. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by johndmfh View Post
    Is the a way to have a reminder setup when you miss a text message
    I have handcent installed and it gives a solid blue light until you respond to the message.

    But I'm pretty sure that even if you have the stalk app it will blink. If you're talking about an audible reminder, then no not to my knowledge.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Junior Droid
    bossdon's Avatar
    Member #
    44275
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1ghz
    #17
    This site is great. Its on par with xda. The sections are better though. Thats just my opinion..
  8. Junior Droid
    bossdon's Avatar
    Member #
    44275
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1ghz
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Don't let the 'rooted' folks scare ya off people.

    There's room for all of us, and there's no reason to feel like a second class citizen.
    We've got sub forums here to help get your questions in the right place. If someone is out of line, as others have said, hit the report button.

    Do not feel pressured to root either. I've seen time and time again many people pushing 'root' to anyone and everyone. Read up if it interests you and see what it entails... then make a choice.
    Rooting is good only in your wanting to make your device more customized to your tastes. I wasnt going to "root" my device but I needed the wifi tether. Its all about what you need your device to do..
  9. Droid Newbie
    rwsowden's Avatar
    Member #
    49609
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Droid
    #19
    how do I forward a downloaded ringtone
  10. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #20
    This is from one of our members, Tunkafrankie:

    Yes...there is a way. You need to download a FREE app called, SaveMMS. Like I said, it is free under the market place. Just do a search under the market place and download it...did I mention it is FREE! This app lets you save any attachment sent via mms.

    Once you have downloaded the app, you need to run it, then it will automatically retrieve any attachments and display them for you to browse. You can save PICTURES and MUSIC this way. Once you click on the mp3 file, it allows you to save it.

    Once saved, go under music, then select songs. Your file should now be there. If you click your song to play it, you can press the menu button (the one with the 4 horizontal lines) and it gives you an option to set as your ringtone. You must set as your ringtone at least once, then it will always be available as a phone ringtone under settings/sound & display/ Phone ringtone.


    Help (send ringtones via text?)

    Hope that helps.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Friendly Reminder to all members
    By cereal killer in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-12-2010, 05:56 PM
  2. Hey Forum Members!!!
    By dmacilveen in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 07:46 AM
  3. Welcome Florida Members
    By SEGA in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 10:33 AM
  4. Guess how many members by midnight EST
    By JohnDroid in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 10:29 PM

Search tags for this page

droid 3 get klove

,

klove app on droid bionic

,

klove droid 3

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+