DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sell it or cant i?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

sell it or cant i?

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum here. I have had my droid since early december and my wife and I love them. My question is this Thursday night while at a basketball game I lost my phone, couldn't find it anywhere, I figured someone picked it up fairly quick. While driving home I temporally disconnected my service with verizon and filed my insurance claim for a new phone 89 doller deduct. They told me they would send me a new droid arriving on Saturday. Friday I was cleaning out my car and found my phone turned off wedged between my seat. I called the insurance company to cancel the new phone but they said it was already shipped out and to just send it back when I get it. So I got this brand new phone today and I was thinking of just selling it instead of sending it back. Can I do that or not? I don't want to do anything I'm not allowed to do but I figured I paid for it already anyway, or can I keep it for a spare in case of another lost, stolen, or broken phone between me and my wife. Or do I have to return it because they are expecting it? Thanks and sorry for the long post--jeff

3. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Send it back. Karma works in funny ways.

They probably have it on record that you found your other phone so they might be expecting it, but i wouldn't know.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by roothogger View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum here. I have had my droid since early december and my wife and I love them. My question is this Thursday night while at a basketball game I lost my phone, couldn't find it anywhere, I figured someone picked it up fairly quick. While driving home I temporally disconnected my service with verizon and filed my insurance claim for a new phone 89 doller deduct. They told me they would send me a new droid arriving on Saturday. Friday I was cleaning out my car and found my phone turned off wedged between my seat. I called the insurance company to cancel the new phone but they said it was already shipped out and to just send it back when I get it. So I got this brand new phone today and I was thinking of just selling it instead of sending it back. Can I do that or not? I don't want to do anything I'm not allowed to do but I figured I paid for it already anyway, or can I keep it for a spare in case of another lost, stolen, or broken phone between me and my wife. Or do I have to return it because they are expecting it? Thanks and sorry for the long post--jeff
    since you called them back they will have noted it and if you did not return it they would probably charge you full price for the phone. Even if you never called them it would still have been insurance fraud but they would never know, its a moral issue rly.

But since you told them i would just return it.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    Send it back. Karma works in funny ways.

They probably have it on record that you found your other phone so they might be expecting it, but i wouldn't know.
    yea they probably have the esn's or whatever other numbers and can tell what you did with it
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    If the original phone was declared lost, they may have de-activated it. Once a phone has been de-activated, it cannot be re-activated since it is declared lost or stolen. This prevents these phones from being used. Unless you found a way around it. Send them back the old phone and keep the new phone. Do not want to get charged for the new phone and $600.00 is not worth it. The new phone would be listed under your contract.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    bdbraaten
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    A friend of mine lost his Dare, filed a claim and found his old one before the new one showed up. He called in and they were able to re-activate his old one no problem, and refunded him the insurance deductible. He just had to send the replacement phone back to them. I'm betting the Droids would work a similar way.
    Brent D. Braaten
    -----------------------
    Proud member of the Droid Army.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid!
    Make sure you check the replacement for an sd card, they aren't supposed to ship with one I think, so I don't think that would be insurance fraud... if it is I am in no way endorsing insurance fraud because stealing is wrong.
    And now a Message from the Admins...
    -Respect is rule number one. Normal social rules and etiquette apply, even while hiding behind a keyboard.
    -Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -If you want to pick a fight about something, you will have to find somewhere else to do so.
    -Report any offensive post or PM, they will be handled.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Twitter
    SnkBitten
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Yes send it back. Insurance Fraud is a serious crime.
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    Only send it back if they can reactivate your old one AND refund you the ninety bucks.
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @crayzeejoe
    Phone
    Sprint Galaxy S3
    Send it back. Don't commit insurance fraud and jack up my Asurion rates any higher. Spike Lee on 'em - "Do The Right Thing."
    Droid Owner, Christ Follower,

Crayzee Joe

"When your song go off, I feel I need to take a drug test!" - My Radio On Drugs by Thi'sl
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links