DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: NEW ETF Fee for VZW?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    This is actually GOOD for most of us. Most of us stay with the carrier long term. The people that jump carriers, get cheap phones, etc jack up prices for us. THey subsidize phones to get us to sign contracts. IF we aren't staying in our contracts they need to find a way to make money again. I'd rather they did this than start raising prices on handsets or plans to compensate.

now, Verizon sees less of this than GSM carriers, because most of Verizon's phones are CDMA only or their world phones are not capable of GSM in the US, so they can't be used very easily after leaving Verizon.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dean.collins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer;2715
    He didn't say at subsidized pricing. He said you can get 15 phones in 24 months and not be charged an ETF. ETF are if you are cancelling your plan to go to another carrier.[/quote
    lol exactly...there is not one mention in my post about a subsidized price. I was correcting your (Dean) misinformation about ETF applying to getting a new phone.

So what you are saying is you can go and buy 15 brand new handsets at full price and swap your Verizon service plan from one to the next - of course you can.

lol,

but i can also throw my Droid into a drawer and not use it at all for 24 months and go go buy the iPhone V5 and use that and not pay an ETF.

Nice way to distort the facts there.
    Dean your reading and comprehension skills are indeed lacking.

I'm saying I can go and buy 15 new phones at full retail and stay on the same plan on the same network and >>>>>>not be charged an ETF...<<<<<

How hard is that to understand?

I think your problem is your one of those forum types who doesn't like to be corrected when spreading horrible misinformation : )
    CK, nice to see you here from CB. Maybe Dean is CPUgeek from CB... Nah, can't be. Not nearly enough typos and not once did he mention his brother's neighbor's dog's vet's neighbor's sister's friend's step daughter's boyfriend's mom's hair stylist's dog saying something about ETFs.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    MotoDroid
    Quote Originally Posted by rutger1413 View Post
    It probably has something to do with how much they are subsidizing these phones now. It bothers me though that we are forced to get data and now pay higher ETFs for these devices.
    If you don't want to pay data fees, don't get an advanced phone....to me, it's pointless to get a phone BUILT for data use and then complain that you have to get a data plan.

Without the data plan, you just have a cell phone. They do sell those.
    Am I excited for Droid?
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Johns Phone
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by jakens84 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rutger1413 View Post
    It probably has something to do with how much they are subsidizing these phones now. It bothers me though that we are forced to get data and now pay higher ETFs for these devices.
    If you don't want to pay data fees, don't get an advanced phone....to me, it's pointless to get a phone BUILT for data use and then complain that you have to get a data plan.

Without the data plan, you just have a cell phone. They do sell those.

i couldnt agree more... and the higher ETF doesn't bother me i have no plans of leaving the best network in america...
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    blackberry storm

early termination question

I'm early in my 2 year contract and want a droid. If I pay the retail price for it, can I then sell my old phone? Is the contract on the line or the phone? I'd love to not pay the full price but if I can sell my blackberry it would recoup some of the cost.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lehane View Post
    I'm early in my 2 year contract and want a droid. If I pay the retail price for it, can I then sell my old phone? Is the contract on the line or the phone? I'd love to not pay the full price but if I can sell my blackberry it would recoup some of the cost.
    Once you have the phone, it is yours. The contract is for line. You can do with you your phones as you please.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr HD
    Just more corporate bull****, it will never end. They all do it.
  8. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1567 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    ahh cool medics here : )

welcome brutha...a lot of CB users here. I started a thread last week about this place and recommended it.

Pretty awesome forum with a lot of obsessed future Droid users. Of course I'm not obsessed with the device I'm just here because.....well i'm just here to uh...anyway welcome.
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Johns Phone
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    ahh cool medics here : )

welcome brutha...a lot of CB users here. I started a thread last week about this place and recommended it.

Pretty awesome forum with a lot of obsessed future Droid users. Of course I'm not obsessed with the device I'm just here because.....well i'm just here to uh...anyway welcome.

okay the 1st step is to realize you have a problem... the next step is just to accept it and by the time you do that friday will be here...
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    friday!!!!!
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Links