DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW ETF Fee for VZW?

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    352 times
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Premium Member
    Ouch, will that kinda sucks then

Quote Originally Posted by dean.collins View Post
    Sure but you may chose to get a new phone within 24 months....this early ETF will also apply to you even if you aren't leaving Verizon.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Sure but you may chose to get a new phone within 24 months....this early ETF will also apply to you even if you aren't leaving Verizon.
    Would you like to clarify where you get that info from? Because at verizon after the first 10 months you are allowed to get a new phone for the subsidized price. Never have you had to pay an ETF before, and nothing i read in that statement leads me to believe it's any different now.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  3. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1559 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    That's incorrect. They won't do that....ETF is for customers leaving VZW before their contract is up. Not buying a new phone. You can get 15 new phones in 24 months and not be charged an ETF.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    That's incorrect. They won't do that....ETF is for customers leaving VZW before their contract is up. Not buying a new phone. You can get 15 new phones in 24 months and not be charged an ETF.

That's exactly correct. Only if you leave VZW before you contract time is p. After 10 months you can do a yearly "upgrade" Even worse news is the NE2 discount may drop to $50 this year also
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami1683 View Post
    That's exactly correct. Only if you leave VZW before you contract time is p. After 10 months you can do a yearly "upgrade" Even worse news is the NE2 discount may drop to $50 this year also
    Quote Originally Posted by Verizon Online
    If you maintain service on a plan of $34.99 or higher and fulfill twenty (20) months of your two-year term, you will be eligible to apply your New Every Two discount toward the two-year discounted retail price of a new device, up to the price of the device after any available rebates. If your Plan monthly access is $79.99 or higher for the entire three months prior to completing your New Every Two device upgrade, you will get up to $50 toward the purchase of that device. If your Plan monthly access is between $34.99 and $79.98 at any time during the three months prior to completing your New Every Two device upgrade, you will get up to $30 toward the purchase of that device. You can also transfer your New Every Two credit to another line on your account. When completing your New Every Two upgrade, you will need to renew your agreement on the line that earned the New Every Two discount for another two years on a plan with a monthly access of $34.99 or higher. Upgrading your device at a discounted price, including exercising your Annual Upgrade option, will restart your eligibility for New Every Two. Secondary Family SharePlan lines are not eligible to participate in the program, except secondary Family SharePlan lines on an Unlimited Anytime Minute Plan. New Every Two discount amounts and plan tiers subject to change at Verizon Wireless’ sole discretion. You may have only six months to take advantage of the New Every Two benefits once you become eligible.
    This was a breakdown of the new every two from the verizon site itself.

Verizon | Calling Features: New Every Two® - Verizon Wireless Support
    Resistance is futile.

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

15 phones at subsidized prices in 24 months - I call bull**** and you are talking out of your ass.

source please?

Cheers,
    Dean
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member

15 phones at subsidized prices in 24 months - I call bull**** and you are talking out of your ass.

source please?

Cheers,
    Dean
    He didn't say at subsidized pricing. He said you can get 15 phones in 24 months and not be charged an ETF. ETF are if you are cancelling your plan to go to another carrier.
    Resistance is futile.

8. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1559 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by New2u View Post

source please?

Cheers,
    Dean
    He didn't say at subsidized pricing. He said you can get 15 phones in 24 months and not be charged an ETF. ETF are if you are cancelling your plan to go to another carrier.
    lol exactly...there is not one mention in my post about a subsidized price. I was correcting your (Dean) misinformation about ETF applying to getting a new phone.
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    thank you. seriously dean, simmer down.
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer;2715
    He didn't say at subsidized pricing. He said you can get 15 phones in 24 months and not be charged an ETF. ETF are if you are cancelling your plan to go to another carrier.[/quote
    lol exactly...there is not one mention in my post about a subsidized price. I was correcting your (Dean) misinformation about ETF applying to getting a new phone.

So what you are saying is you can go and buy 15 brand new handsets at full price and swap your Verizon service plan from one to the next - of course you can.

lol,

but i can also throw my Droid into a drawer and not use it at all for 24 months and go go buy the iPhone V5 and use that and not pay an ETF.

Nice way to distort the facts there.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links