DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: "Droid" Voice When phone Powers on ? how do i get that back?

  1. Junior Droid
    tootsookay's Avatar
    Member #
    44076
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    25
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    Question "Droid" Voice When phone Powers on ? how do i get that back?

    hey guys, im new to this ! so forgive me .. idk what i did or if i did anything.. but before when i power on my phone it would say "Droid" but now it does this beeping noise instead of Droid.. Please help how do i get this back to say Droid when it powers on !!?????..
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    Manigma77's Avatar
    Member #
    2985
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    239
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by tootsookay View Post
    hey guys, im new to this ! so forgive me .. idk what i did or if i did anything.. but before when i power on my phone it would say "Droid" but now it does this beeping noise instead of Droid.. Please help how do i get this back to say Droid when it powers on !!?????..
    Go to settings/sound and display/ and check (sd card notifications)

    I believe that's right, hope that helps.
    Running Miui With My RageTheme.



    My Rage Theme On CM via MM

  4. Junior Droid
    tootsookay's Avatar
    Member #
    44076
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    25
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #3
    UR AWESOME IT WORKED THANK U . I MUST HAVE HIT THAT TODAY WHEN I WAS MESSING WITH MY DROID... sorry forgot them in CAPS..
  5. Junior Droid
    tootsookay's Avatar
    Member #
    44076
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    25
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #4

    Help!!!

    Ok so now it doesnt say droid anymore like when u power the phone it usually says droid.. well it stopped doing that how do i get this back help please newbie here..
  6. Senior Droid
    zakany's Avatar
    Member #
    21701
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    152
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #5
    If you have your notification sound set to a sound stored on your SD card, it obviously won't play that when it's setting up your SD card on boot.
  7. Droid
    rkcoll1's Avatar
    Member #
    514
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Western Iowa
    Posts
    77
    Phone
    Droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tootsookay View Post
    Ok so now it doesnt say droid anymore like when u power the phone it usually says droid.. well it stopped doing that how do i get this back help please newbie here..
    Whatever you have set up for your notifications tone is what is going to play when you start up. Make sure in settings/sounds and display/notification ringtone is set to droid. That should make it come back.
  8. Droid Newbie
    tmaster's Avatar
    Member #
    107505
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #7
    Just received a replacement droid and it will not play the droid sound on powerup.
    I went into settings and set the default to DROID but I can not find any checkbox for
    SD Card Notification where is this checkbox located? What menu is it in?

    Perhaps its been removed in this update?

    Both droids just took the new update but the replacement will not say droid
    Last edited by tmaster; 08-21-2010 at 08:25 PM.
  9. Droid Ninja
    aminaked's Avatar
    Member #
    25714
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,187
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by tmaster View Post
    Both droids just took the new update but the replacement will not say droid
    So the other droid does say DROOOOIIID?
  10. Senior Droid
    rjsurfer's Avatar
    Member #
    33
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    239
    Liked
    4 times
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tmaster View Post
    Just received a replacement droid and it will not play the droid sound on powerup.
    I went into settings and set the default to DROID but I can not find any checkbox for
    SD Card Notification where is this checkbox located? What menu is it in?

    Perhaps its been removed in this update?

    Both droids just took the new update but the replacement will not say droid
    It's gone from this update.

    Ron W.
  11. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #10
    It can be done but you would have to be rooted to get it to say Droid again when it opens up. Mine doesn't even vibrate anymore, which is fine with me but I would like to hear the Droid opening again when I turn it onl
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Changing contacts from "phone" to "Google"?
    By Bob Dammit in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 11:09 AM
  2. Dialing phone number in "from" or "subject" line of email
    By alazzaro in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 09:10 AM
  3. Dialing phone number in "from" or "subject" line of an emai
    By alazzaro in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 09:08 AM
  4. Will droid get "voice to text"
    By bb-gun in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 06:19 PM
  5. Just ordered my first "smart phone" Motorola Droid
    By xmscott in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 10:00 PM

Search tags for this page

how do i make my droid say droid
,

how do i make my phone say droid

,
how to get my phone to say droid
,
how to get your phone to say droid
,

how to make my phone say droid

,

how to make phone say droid

,
how to make your phone say droid
,

i want my phone to say droid

,

make my phone say droid

,

make phone say droid

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+