DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Silverlight?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Microsoft Silverlight?

I live in a different state now and back home there was a radio station that I loved... Now I don't have access to a computer during the hours of the show but, my phone would be available to me to use... When I click on the "listen live" button it opens a pop up to use either Microsoft Silverlight or Windows Media Player on the computer.

Is there any way to make either version stream live on the Moto Droid right now?

http://96x.fm is the website if you would like to click the link your self and see what pops up...

Thanks
    Last edited by autoxinvr6; 03-05-2010 at 06:26 PM.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid!
    try RadioTime: Find and listen to Talk, Music and Local Radio Online they have an app that lets me get stations from all over the planet
    And now a Message from the Admins...
    -Respect is rule number one. Normal social rules and etiquette apply, even while hiding behind a keyboard.
    -Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -If you want to pick a fight about something, you will have to find somewhere else to do so.
    -Report any offensive post or PM, they will be handled.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bolt of Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by autoxinvr6 View Post
    I live in a different state now and back home there was a radio station that I loved... Now I don't have access to a computer during the hours of the show but, my phone would be available to me to use... When I click on the "listen live" button it opens a pop up to use either Microsoft Silverlight or Windows Media Player on the computer.

Is there any way to make either version stream live on the Moto Droid right now?

96X is the website if you would like to click the link your self and see what pops up...

Thanks

It may not work with any APP at this time. There is issue's with both browser and APP support for some formats as the encoding is not supported by Android OS. However, Radiotime is working on getting more formats supported, and works very well for the stations that are currently supported.

There is another way to get a station... and it works for me for a station that I can't get with Radiotime, Browser, or any APP.

See the link to a forum post on a way to get stations that are not natively supported.... may not work on all... but works for my sports talk station here in dallas that requires Windows Media Player

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...alk-radio.html
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Technoman View Post

96X is the website if you would like to click the link your self and see what pops up...

Thanks

It may not work with any APP at this time. There is issue's with both browser and APP support for some formats as the encoding is not supported by Android OS. However, Radiotime is working on getting more formats supported, and works very well for the stations that are currently supported.

There is another way to get a station... and it works for me for a station that I can't get with Radiotime, Browser, or any APP.

See the link to a forum post on a way to get stations that are not natively supported.... may not work on all... but works for my sports talk station here in dallas that requires Windows Media Player

None of them will play that radio station :-(

Radio Time says they're working on Windows Media support though. That will be fantastic. I'd gladly pay for that.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bolt of Thunder

Thanks

Radio Time says they're working on Windows Media support though. That will be fantastic. I'd gladly pay for that.
    Did you try Moodio? Did you get the link in, and then go to Not logged in | Moodio and click your saved link? Did it request what application that you want to use? Did you pick the camera (video player)?

If all of this did not happen, your Moodio may not be setup correct.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I tried it out with Orb (Orb.com). Add http://38.116.147.101:80/WROXFM?MSWMExt=.asf to your Orb stations and download one of the Orb apps to your phone. There's a free one, and a demo version for 2 paid apps. I got it to play with the browser version and the app Andorb, but couldn't get it to play in the background, so you have to keep the app open.

Now you can listen to all the Mike and Bob you want!
  7. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Try moodio.fm it is what I use to keep up with diff radio stations (mainly sports radio though).
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    You should also consider writing the radio station saying that if it wasn't for the technology they chose, you would listen more if you could.

Nothing rude, just politely indicate your preferences as a customer. If companies never hear about how they managed to lock out their customers with something like silverlight, then they will happily continue using it.
    twitter: @alostpacket
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    The problem I've found with complaining about something like this (esp. Silverlight) is that it won't do any good unless a bunch of people complain.

One of our local TV stations uses a program for people to "report their weather" and you have to have Silverlight installed. Since I refused to put that stupid MS thing on my computer, I can't participate. Guess I'm the only one though, because no one else has complained to the station. Everyone else I guess just puts whatever software their told to on their systems, and don't think about it.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bolt of Thunder

Thanks

I found x96 at Moodio.fm listed already. You can add it to your stations and it will pull up just fine on your Droid.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links