DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Taking it back today

1. sir
    Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    It is no one's place to tell anyone to shut up or to suppress their opinions on the matter. If you have a problem with people being able to state their opinion in whatever manner they want, then the Internet is not for you.

That being said - Marksdroid - please get back to us and let us know if any apps have helped make using your droid any better, and specifically which ones solved it. It's always great to hear about issues people have and the way they resolve them in the event someone else feels the same way you do about certain functionality.
    Last edited by Sam; 11-16-2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: getting rid of the argument
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    i love my MOTO DROID.....
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    My advice on the notifications would be to keep Phone, Contacts, and Messaging Apps on your home screen. Then whenever you see a notification, you don't have to actually pull the window shade down, you just go to your home screen and click on the app that has a notification. The notification will go away as soon as the app opens.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    I am sorry your droid experience hasn't been great. Hopefully you find a phone better suited for your needs.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    take it back for another unit. you have 30 days within purchase for full exchange. furthermore, there is a 12 month warranty by motorola, if issues persist, VZW will exchange the device at no charge. lastly, PATIENCE...android 2.0 just came out, give the developers some time to come up with neat widgets and useful tools that will further enhance your experience.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I finally traded in my old flip phone and have had my Droid for about a week now and although I love it it has thrown me some curves too. I topped off the battery one morning on my laptop and the phone was working properly when I left the house. On the ride into work I tried to power up the phone and could not get a response. Got to work, searched and found this forum and posted. Kept trying the little power button and about 3 hours later the phone powered up and was normal again.

Yesterday I wanted to clean the fingerprints off the screen. I sprayed a little Windex on it and while the phone was powered on but locked, used a cloth to wipe down the screen. After that I could not get the phone to respond to my touch for about an hour...I would try sliding to unlock but nothing. Then I was able to finally unlock the phone but would not respond to me any further...screen was flickering and just acting crazy.....phone rang but I couldn't answer it. About 45 minutes after that the phone reverted back to normal.....

I am also having issues with hanging up on phone calls. I was hitting the power switch too and then read here about the proximity sensor and made sure I was moving the phone far away from my head. Still mixed results....sometimes the screen would come back up, sometimes not. This is especially frustrating when you're trying to punch in a code to get into voicemail and you can't get to the keypad.

Another question while I'm at it.....It's very hard to scroll on the screen sometimes without accidentally selecting an item. There's a touch to it I can tell but still, when scrolling through contacts where darn near everything is clickable it's tough. And while we're on Contacts, is there a way I can quickly jump to a particular letter of contacts ? I've imported contacts from both my Gmail account and Facebook and I now have lots.....scrolling through them is tedious....Also, I have some near duplicate contacts. Can I consolidate them offline somehow and then delete & reload my contacts ?

I thought some of this stuff was me, especially coming from a flip phone previously but after reading here I think I'm going to go exchange it for another Droid.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Tha Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeOxfordCT View Post
    Another question while I'm at it.....It's very hard to scroll on the screen sometimes without accidentally selecting an item. There's a touch to it I can tell but still, when scrolling through contacts where darn near everything is clickable it's tough. And while we're on Contacts, is there a way I can quickly jump to a particular letter of contacts ? I've imported contacts from both my Gmail account and Facebook and I now have lots.....scrolling through them is tedious....Also, I have some near duplicate contacts. Can I consolidate them offline somehow and then delete & reload my contacts ?

I thought some of this stuff was me, especially coming from a flip phone previously but after reading here I think I'm going to go exchange it for another Droid.
    If you log into your gmail there is a contacts link right below your inbox and folder links on the left side. Click on that and edit your contacts to your hearts content.

And with the touch screen, I think it just takes a little getting used to, the sensitivity and the swiping motions etc.

And hell yeah, if I was having all those problems, I'd exchange my Droid.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Joe.. don't EVER spray windex on a phone screen. Use the lint cloth that comes with it. Sounds like you may have spared some inside the unit a little bit or something.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by andjarnic View Post
    Joe.. don't EVER spray windex on a phone screen. Use the lint cloth that comes with it. Sounds like you may have spared some inside the unit a little bit or something.
    Thanks for the heads up...I certainly didn't drench the screen or anything.....if I can't find the lint cloth that came with the phone what else can/should I be using ?
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeOxfordCT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andjarnic View Post
    Thanks for the heads up...I certainly didn't drench the screen or anything.....if I can't find the lint cloth that came with the phone what else can/should I be using ?
    You can use any cloth you like, the screen is glass and wont scratch from a paper towel or rag. Of course a high quality towel is recommended so that it will produce the smallest amount of lint possible.

As far as the durability of the screen there is not a whle lot to concern yourself with. A chamois works well too, (no lint)
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links