DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking it back today

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I have yet to use a smartphone where at some point I didn't touch the volume buttons. I think the iPhone was the worst as the buttons were soft. I've just learned to check it every now an then.

Also how is there no button to end the call fast? Maybe I'm nuts, but I just tested the phone app and the end button is plain as day in red no less. I pressed it and the call was ended immediately. And now does the phone just dial? Even when I select a contact, I have to select one more time to call. It's a two step process. Do you have some kind of speed dial setup? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding you.

IMO, the rest of your complaints are subjective (except for the keyboard wobble). I love the notification system on this phone as well as the email layout and readability.

My phone is solid, and no kb wobbling whatsoever. Also sliding out the keyboard takes some effort. Maybe it will loosen up over time, I don't know. If yours is as you described then that alone says you got defective phone, nevermind the other issues.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    haven't had on of those problems yet loving the droid
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    the phone isnt for everyone.
    if the phone is locked the volume buttons don't do anything. You must accidentally be rotating the sound off wheel. if you set a lock pattern that won't be a problem because there is no sound off wheel on the pattern lock screen. Receiving calls when its locked isn't a problem either, you don't have to unlock to answer. Maybe that will solve your first problem.
  4. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    The phone has it's issues right now, but I hope you change your mind. Maybe trade in the unit due to possible defect. The phone is great, but I've heard some stories on this forum about their phones, I luckily have no problems at all with it. Hopefully the update on Dec 11th will help you change your mind. It's a new OS and new hardware, there's always going to be problems. Good luck!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Having had my Droid for a week now, I can appreciate that it can frustrate new users, especially if you are coming into it from a non-smartphone experience base, as I did. I am short tempered at times and have been so frustrated that I've uinstalled and uninstalled the same apps several times befoer I figured out how to get it to work. Almost everything that I've hit that is frustrating is due to pilot error or the lack of any clear instructions on how to use the app. That seems to be the nature of this beast. It is a figure it out world that we live in here. The second thing that I've noted is that my expectations were higher than the apps could fulfill in most cases. That is the fault of the state of the app development for the phone right now and not the phone itself. Many apps that are out there and sound great in their Market write-ups are crap or at least don't do anywhere near what you might assume that they would. I'm still putzing around trygin to find a print app that will let me print something of importance and not just the crumby little built-in call log or contacts or other such nonsense.

Will it get better? YOu bet. Give teh app development community a few months and they'll turn this device into the great tool that it could be.
  6. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by normwerner View Post
    Having had my Droid for a week now, I can appreciate that it can frustrate new users, especially if you are coming into it from a non-smartphone experience base, as I did. I am short tempered at times and have been so frustrated that I've uinstalled and uninstalled the same apps several times befoer I figured out how to get it to work. Almost everything that I've hit that is frustrating is due to pilot error or the lack of any clear instructions on how to use the app. That seems to be the nature of this beast. It is a figure it out world that we live in here. The second thing that I've noted is that my expectations were higher than the apps could fulfill in most cases. That is the fault of the state of the app development for the phone right now and not the phone itself. Many apps that are out there and sound great in their Market write-ups are crap or at least don't do anywhere near what you might assume that they would. I'm still putzing around trygin to find a print app that will let me print something of importance and not just the crumby little built-in call log or contacts or other such nonsense.

Will it get better? YOu bet. Give teh app development community a few months and they'll turn this device into the great tool that it could be.
    I agree, the phone is very unfriendly to the non-techies. That goes for every smartphone, it always intimidates new users. I'm familiar with smartphones as I've come from WinMo, but Android is fairly straightforward, to me at least. But if you're coming straight from a say, flip phone, then I can see your frustration. You'll get used to it, but you have a much steeper learning curve than say I do. Once you do figure it out, it's an amazing phone. I hope you don't return it because it really is an awesome phone, but I cannot speak for you or anyone else, I can only speak for myself. Good luck!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    2nd Generation Phabletastic!
    Ignore the couple of jackasses who have posted farther up in this thread. If you don't have something constructive to say in a polite fashion, shut up.

I'm sorry you're having so many problems and are so frustrated. I am personally frustrated with mine due to GPS problems with both phones I've had in the first week.

Before you give up on the Droid completely, try swapping it out and see if any of the problems you are having are due to a bum device. You've got 30 days (from what I hear) to take it back and say, "No thanks; I'd like a refund." Give the second phone a chance to woo you. You've still got 3 weeks to drop the Droid.
    ‘‘Sure... if you're rounding Pi down to three. Please don't make me add 'rounding Pi down to three' to your list of crimes.’’
    — Emperor Pius Dei I

If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thank you all (well most of you) for the great responses. Will try the apps. If it can solve the volume problem, that was my biggest issue. BTW, I am not a newbie, have a masters degree in engineering, and have used many smartphones. Cheers
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

New hardware?

New hardware on Dec. 11? Please explain. Ha! That's past the 30 day return. How can we get it? How much to upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    The phone has it's issues right now, but I hope you change your mind. Maybe trade in the unit due to possible defect. The phone is great, but I've heard some stories on this forum about their phones, I luckily have no problems at all with it. Hopefully the update on Dec 11th will help you change your mind. It's a new OS and new hardware, there's always going to be problems. Good luck!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    2nd Generation Phabletastic!
    It is not a hardware upgrade. It is an OVA (over the air) update of the phone's software. It is supposed to fix quite a few of the software glitches including the inability of most of the cameras to properly autofocus. There should be no charge for this update. There is also supposed to be another one coming in January.
    ‘‘Sure... if you're rounding Pi down to three. Please don't make me add 'rounding Pi down to three' to your list of crimes.’’
    — Emperor Pius Dei I

If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links