Google maps navigation on the droid never ceases to amaze me.
Everyday i learn something new.
Recently i've been trying to save my current location and couldn't figure out how. Droid people have the best GPS on earth and most of us, including me, don't know how to use it to it's full potential.
HOW TO SAVE A CURRENT LOCATION-
1. in google maps find your current location (menu> my location)
2. press and let go (i have an icon of my head to represent my location)
3. this action should bring up the standard black background nav menu (with options to navigate etc...)
4. The address of your current position should be at the top beside a star
5. click on star till it fills in.
6. go back to the map
7. click on menu
8. click on more
9. click on starred items
YOUR LOCATIONS WILL BE HERE
BTW, it is easy to navigate to a contact- we all know how to do it. This info is for those of us who want to save a location but not as a contact to come back to.