DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPhone or Droid

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    I got the Iphone about 1.5 months ago just to see (still kept my Tour with Verizon). I use to be a Mac guy and was curious. I have to admit I had a blast with it, but then again, that was after I did the jailbreak thing. Without Jailbreak...way to Jobs like restrictive. Problem with Jailbreak is you lose it with any new updates. That being said, from the videos I have seen, the Droid tops the Iphone since it is not restrictive. I believe that the emergence of Asteroid will either make Jobs rethink things (ya right) or see a downfall of the Iphone. You now release a phone that is pretty much as good as the Iphone, but non restrictive and make it available to a carrier with the ultimate coverage.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs31 View Post
    I got the Iphone about 1.5 months ago just to see (still kept my Tour with Verizon). I use to be a Mac guy and was curious. I have to admit I had a blast with it, but then again, that was after I did the jailbreak thing. Without Jailbreak...way to Jobs like restrictive. Problem with Jailbreak is you lose it with any new updates. That being said, from the videos I have seen, the Droid tops the Iphone since it is not restrictive. I believe that the emergence of Asteroid will either make Jobs rethink things (ya right) or see a downfall of the Iphone. You now release a phone that is pretty much as good as the Iphone, but non restrictive and make it available to a carrier with the ultimate coverage.
    Yeah plus this OS has the potential to destroy the iphone OS. easy. With a few updates and patches the OS would be on par if not far superior. (Not in terms of being locked or anything)
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    Quote Originally Posted by New2u View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs31 View Post
    Yeah plus this OS has the potential to destroy the iphone OS. easy. With a few updates and patches the OS would be on par if not far superior. (Not in terms of being locked or anything)
    It's crazy isn't it. An OS as advanced in just a year....damn...the potential. Someone posted in the BB tour group that they are staying with BB cause the Android OS is blahhh and google should stick to search engines. I had to laugh and respond. This person has no clue on the Astroid OS (or how bland the BB OS is) or what else Google has done. That's what makes it great...Google is always looking to push the bar on things...
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Droid Does
    Widgets (these are huge)
    Multitasking
    Google Maps w/ Nav
    Customizing
    Physical Keyboard
    Removable Battery
    Expandable Memory
    Open source (also huge)
    Verizon network

iPhone does none of this.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    There will always be people that just love certain things and have their opinions of it. There will always be BB users who think BB OS is far superior to others. That is their opinion, not supported by any facts whatsoever. I tend to leave them alone seeing as it's like trying to argue your case to a brick wall.

The droid will likely do alot more things the iphone can't or won't do. Give it some time and watch magic happen.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    I'll chime in that the back of the iphone and ipod touch for that matter may be pretty, but it's a magnet for fingerprints and more importantly it's slick and slippery leading to falls.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    Quote Originally Posted by OfTheDamned View Post
    Droid Does
    Widgets (these are huge)
    Multitasking
    Google Maps w/ Nav
    Customizing
    Physical Keyboard
    Removable Battery
    Expandable Memory
    Open source (also huge)
    Verizon network

iPhone does none of this.

You hit it damned....widgets is what I am looking forward to and the open source is just one of those things that you cannot wait to see what the creative developers will come up with.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running Ultimate
    Quote Originally Posted by omnibus View Post
    I'll chime in that the back of the iphone and ipod touch for that matter may be pretty, but it's a magnet for fingerprints and more importantly it's slick and slippery leading to falls.

Yeah...I noticed that as well when I had it. Damn it looked sleek up until I touched it. The back is a CSI dream.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @jbjtkbw00
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I went with the iPhone 3G for about 2 weeks and took it across the country and used it on both coasts to get a good usage out of it. I returned it with haste. Everything the iPhone does well, you can get on an iTouch if you really must have the device. As a phone, it is truly lacking. Whether it's a combination of the device and AT&T's network or location, it has a long way to go in that department.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links