DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Heavily debating whether to go from Anti-fingerprint >> Crytal Clear

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Heavily debating whether to go from Anti-fingerprint >> Crytal Clear

I love the fact that no smudges show because they are my worst enemy, I can't even stand to see a speck of dust in the bezel, it has to be blown out. But one thing is it's TERRIBLE looking in the light, and when a smudge is on there, it's ON THERE, it's a pain to get off.

Suggestions? I have one anti-fingerprint left and 3 crystal clears, but I have the current one on PERFECTLY, not the slightest imperfection.

Suggestions?

UPDATE: I changed to a crystal clear and am absolutely STUNNED at the clarity, I have forgotten the beauty of the screen, it's a shame I haven't been utilizing it fully. Definitely already seeing little nics here and there, a few smudges, but overall its fine as long as the screens on. I notice now I also can't really live with the brightness all the way down, it just doesn't feel right anymore, which is probably bad seeing as I'm overclocked too (battery wise)
    Last edited by spazma7ik; 02-28-2010 at 02:46 AM.
  2. Johnly
    Quote Originally Posted by spazma7ik View Post
    I love the fact that no smudges show because they are my worst enemy, I can't even stand to see a speck of dust in the bezel, it has to be blown out. But one thing is it's TERRIBLE looking in the light, and when a smudge is on there, it's ON THERE, it's a pain to get off.

Suggestions? I have one anti-fingerprint left and 3 crystal clears, but I have the current one on PERFECTLY, not the slightest imperfection.

Suggestions?
    Screen protectors are for geeks, they smudge, grip grime, and by the time the phone is a year old, the dude has cleaned his phone a million times, and for what, clean trash? Just go naked, the phone is so much more finger print free being real with it...
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have both....I first put the AF, and loved the smooth screen and obviously the wonderful job it did in keep the smudges away. However, the screen got tremendously blurry and for me absolutely destroyed the beautiful screen of the droid.

I ordered the crystal and replaced the AF and I'm happy again. The smudges obviously is more visible and the screen is not as smooth....I use swype. But the screen in clear and bright. One of the reason for me getting the droid.

Having said all that, you do get used to the AF and it becomes tolerable. So you have to decide is the smudge and fingerprint the most important? or is the screen clarity (can easily remove smudge/fingerprint) more important?

That's my observation having used both......
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    After going through several screen protectors, I have found the perfect one! It's made my DLO and I think most of their products revolve around the iPhone but they do have a "Universal Surface Shield". It not only is anti-glare but always does an excellent job of not showing all of your fingerprints! I truly love this product, because I don't see my reflection anymore when I'm viewing the screen and swiping is so easy. Check it out sometime!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Please explain to me WHY you all feel so compelled to use screen protectors??? The Gorilla Glass is tough enough. I'm NOT saying it is 100% scratch proof, but what are you adding by buying plastic stickers...I just don't get it!
    TRIPOD
    Baltimore, MD

Duct Tape fixes ANYTHING!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by fallsgable View Post
    Please explain to me WHY you all feel so compelled to use screen protectors??? The Gorilla Glass is tough enough. I'm NOT saying it is 100% scratch proof, but what are you adding by buying plastic stickers...I just don't get it!
    I guess it really depends on how "anal" you are when it comes to looking at scratches on your screen. Yes, the glass it tough, but would rather be protected now than regret on not having protection on in the first place. If the glass was 100% scratch proof, I'd go without a screen protector, until then gotta protect it!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Till you get a nice scratch down the middle....

Notice the test only shows a key being used. There are lots of other things out that that will cut through Gorilla Glass like butter.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D3
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Hawk View Post
    Till you get a nice scratch down the middle....

Notice the test only shows a key being used. There are lots of other things out that that will cut through Gorilla Glass like butter.
    I'm sure a plasma cutter would, but my phone is going nowhere near one of those. Not sure why you need to protect the screen if it's extremely resistant to scratches, and is getting replaced in 2 years anyways.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Bankruptcy Preventer
    I don't fall into this subculture, but I do keep one of those microfiber cloths in my car to polish off smudges once a week or so. Usually most days I'm wearing the right type of shirt to do the job to my satisfaction. Anything stubborn takes a decent spit shine, too.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    It took me 10 seconds to realize the anti fingerprint shield was not for me. Just way too blurry.

Links