DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Wont download apps

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Wont download apps

i tried to download apps form the market and every time it gets stuck on starting download. im signed into gmail and google talk and i checked all my sync stuff. i dont want to reset my phone. any advice?
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Droiddoeseverything View Post
    i tried to download apps form the market and every time it gets stuck on starting download. im signed into gmail and google talk and i checked all my sync stuff. i dont want to reset my phone. any advice?
    Resetting your phone means turning it off and turning it back on, just like a reboot on a PC and this does need to be done from time to time. I think you mean you don't want to do a factory reset.

You can try just resetting or if that doesn't work do a full battery pull for 60 seconds. It could be just that the Market is busy.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bolt of Thunder
    Have you tried it on WIFI to see if there is a signal related issue? I have downloaded 2 items today with no issues.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    yeah i meant factory reset by reset. ill try the battery pull for 60 seconds. i dont have wifi where im at right now but i will try. also i went to settings, sync and it says that sync is currently experincing problems only under sync calender. sync contacts and sync gmail is just fine. could be problem?
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bolt of Thunder
    yeah i meant factory reset by reset. ill try the battery pull for 60 seconds. i dont have wifi where im at right now but i will try. also i went to settings, sync and it says that sync is currently experincing problems only under sync calender. sync contacts and sync gmail is just fine. could be problem?
    Not sure there is anything SYNC related to Market until you look at the Downloads tab. Like I stated earlier, I have hit the market several times today without any issues.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Not sure there is anything SYNC related to Market until you look at the Downloads tab. Like I stated earlier, I have hit the market several times today without any issues.[/QUOTE]

Tried the battery pull. didnt work! i think Sync does have something to do with market because i truned it off, went to the market and immediatly it told me i need to turn it back on. still displaying error in syncing contacts. so frusterating!!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Bolt of Thunder
    Not sure there is anything SYNC related to Market until you look at the Downloads tab. Like I stated earlier, I have hit the market several times today without any issues.

Tried the battery pull. didnt work! i think Sync does have something to do with market because i truned it off, went to the market and immediatly it told me i need to turn it back on. still displaying error in syncing contacts. so frusterating!![/QUOTE]

Did you check your password on Google recently?

I have had log in problems in the past with Google, and changed my password. It causes problems with the phone because so many of the services are linked to the Google account.

Usually I will get a notification on my phone that it had log in issues and one click there allows me to change my password.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Did you check your password on Google recently?

I have had log in problems in the past with Google, and changed my password. It causes problems with the phone because so many of the services are linked to the Google account.

Usually I will get a notification on my phone that it had log in issues and one click there allows me to change my password.[/QUOTE]

couldnt find where to check my password. never got one of the notifications you are talking about either. tried making a new gmail account but that still didnt work

Links