DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: GPS Died

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Exclamation GPS Died

Just a note for the record. I got my Droid on Wednesday, and I absolutely love it! However, on Thursday, my GPS just died for some reason. It would not regain a fix at all, despite receiving up to 8 sats. All I did was walk into a Best Buy...wonder if there's anything to that?

Verizon exchanged the Droid without question, and got me all squared away. I found out through this process that when VZW clones your Droid to a new one, all your apps and contacts go with it, but your home screens are default.

Anyone else encounter a GPS failure on their Droid? BTW, I used the "Tricorder" app to monitor the GPS receiver. It has a screen that's similar to a handheld GPS unit's Satellite Screen. It's a great little app for checking all the sensors on the Droid, including the accelerometers.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    2nd Generation Phabletastic!
    The search button is your friend. Unfortunately there are multiple threads on GPS problems.
    ‘‘Sure... if you're rounding Pi down to three. Please don't make me add 'rounding Pi down to three' to your list of crimes.’’
    — Emperor Pius Dei I

If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Narsil View Post
    The search button is your friend. Unfortunately there are multiple threads on GPS problems.
    Ah, great...thanks for the heads up anyways.

Erich
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (Verizon)
    Your contacts are synced to the Gmail account that your phone is activated under. It also will remember which market apps were installed. When you get a new Android phone and activate it with the same gmail account, it will automatically sync the same calendar/contacts/email and it will automatically install the same market apps.

Links