DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another Droid DOES story

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Yet another Droid DOES story

So I work at Lowe's and I run the Appliance Department in my store and wanted to get a little more tech friendly there. After all three of us in that department own Droids! So I suggested to my boss that we start adding QR barcodes that will link each item directly to our website version of that item.

He looked at me like I was speaking gibberish. I told him that I would bring him an example the next day. So that night I quickly made a few barcodes and slapped them on our signage the next day. I explained it to him again... this time showing him how my phone scanned the barcode and how it took me to our webpage with all the pertinent item info and his jaw dropped.

He immediately took me to his boss, where I repeated the process. And yet again jaw dropping eye popping amazement. Shuffled once more on to my District Manager, who happened to be there that day, repeat and amaze. I was asked to formalize my idea to Lowe's and see if we can get this off ground. When they asked how this was all possible... I simple stated: "Droid DOES!"

So
    QR barcodes - five minutes online
    Scotch tape - $2

Letting my bosses think my Droid DOES Magic - Priceless

2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    elementsinone
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Thats awesome maybe the Droid will get you a raise out of this
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    wsbsteven
    Phone
    Bionic, Xoom
    Nice, I'll be on the look out for QR codes at my local Lowe's in the future.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossostdrauka View Post
    So I work at Lowe's and I run the Appliance Department in my store and wanted to get a little more tech friendly there. After all three of us in that department own Droids! So I suggested to my boss that we start adding QR barcodes that will link each item directly to our website version of that item.

He looked at me like I was speaking gibberish. I told him that I would bring him an example the next day. So that night I quickly made a few barcodes and slapped them on our signage the next day. I explained it to him again... this time showing him how my phone scanned the barcode and how it took me to our webpage with all the pertinent item info and his jaw dropped.

He immediately took me to his boss, where I repeated the process. And yet again jaw dropping eye popping amazement. Shuffled once more on to my District Manager, who happened to be there that day, repeat and amaze. I was asked to formalize my idea to Lowe's and see if we can get this off ground. When they asked how this was all possible... I simple stated: "Droid DOES!"

So
    QR barcodes - five minutes online
    Scotch tape - $2

Letting my bosses think my Droid DOES Magic - Priceless

Great story. Let's hope now Lowe's does and gives you a proper reward for coming up with a great idea.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Great idea and excellent suggestion and sure glad Lowes liked your idea....maybe some extra $$ for the suggestion too!
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Awesome idea! And kudos to you for actually taking the initiative to bring it to "the man" Hopefully you are rewarded graciously. If nothing else, maybe the company will start paying for your phones, since after all, they'll be a sales tool!
    -Adam
    Droidist since 12/1/09
    HTC One
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I sell appliances too at Sears, and I fail to see how this is anything more than a gimick. I don't get how you would use that at all? Are you going hand the customer your phone so they can look at reviews, specs, dimensions, etc...

The only time I use the internet at work is if we are going to price match or if they want something I don't have a display model of.

Please explain how you are using this.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Hawk View Post
    I sell appliances too at Sears, and I fail to see how this is anything more than a gimick. I don't get how you would use that at all? Are you going hand the customer your phone so they can look at reviews, specs, dimensions, etc...

The only time I use the internet at work is if we are going to price match or if they want something I don't have a display model of.

Please explain how you are using this.
    His boss obviously sees some value in the idea, since they asked him to formalize his proposal.
    -Adam
    Droidist since 12/1/09
    HTC One
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX
    They were obviously amazed at the technology. Now, whether they actually find any real value in it remains to be seen. But I love showing off my phone to anyone who'll listen and look. So far, my experience with Droid barcode readers is somewhat spotty. Sometimes they work and sometimes, well, you know.
    Cleanse the gene pool,
    Stamp out warning labels.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links