DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: What are my chances of getting a free network extender from Verizon?

  1. Master Droid
    MNTNBKR's Avatar
    Member #
    13708
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fenton, MI
    Posts
    575
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    #11
    I should also add, just in case you didn't hear, that verizon is apparently going to be enabling calling via Wi-Fi next month. It is yet to be determined how / if this will help people like us who have spotty (at best) coverage in their homes.

    It's possible right now to make Wi-Fi calls using the Droid, but it isn't supported, and takes some serious setup. And it isn't as seamless as I'd like either.
    -Adam
    Droidist since 12/1/09
    HTC One
  2. Senior Droid
    andrewdoane's Avatar
    Member #
    5608
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    149
    Phone
    Droid
    #12
    Man, I love this Droid, but if AT&T had better coverage in my area I would be all over an iPhone. The network is so much more important to me than the phone.
  3. Premium Member
    Backnblack's Avatar
    Member #
    6311
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,279
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by MNTNBKR View Post
    I should also add, just in case you didn't hear, that verizon is apparently going to be enabling calling via Wi-Fi next month. It is yet to be determined how / if this will help people like us who have spotty (at best) coverage in their homes.

    It's possible right now to make Wi-Fi calls using the Droid, but it isn't supported, and takes some serious setup. And it isn't as seamless as I'd like either.

    Link to Article?
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

    Only the Skilled Survive

    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

    Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.



  4. Master Droid
    MNTNBKR's Avatar
    Member #
    13708
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fenton, MI
    Posts
    575
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MNTNBKR View Post
    I should also add, just in case you didn't hear, that verizon is apparently going to be enabling calling via Wi-Fi next month. It is yet to be determined how / if this will help people like us who have spotty (at best) coverage in their homes.

    It's possible right now to make Wi-Fi calls using the Droid, but it isn't supported, and takes some serious setup. And it isn't as seamless as I'd like either.

    Link to Article?
    Sorry, I mis-spoke (er...mis-typed). I meant Skype calling...which, from what I've read, may work over Wi-Fi, but that's not guaranteed.
    -Adam
    Droidist since 12/1/09
    HTC One
  5. Banned
    assmunke's Avatar
    Member #
    41247
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    36
    Phone
    DROID
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan1600Rider View Post
    I can tell you that they will laugh in your face if you demand a free Network Extender. As Black said the 30 day trial is set up for situations where if it doesn't work out for you, then you return it. If you're outside of that 30 days, you can do what I did, BUY ONE. Don't get me started on this everything should be handed to us topic.
    While I am in agreement that Verizon has every right to follow business practices that ensure profitability, they are misrepresenting their product in my area. Why should I shell out 250 bucks to supplement their lapse in coverage? I think its garbage that I am basically forced to buy this equipment if I hope to use my phone to make calls (imagine that...) At least let me use my own WiFi router & UMA if I can't use the network I pay for every month, the fact that they lock that down and sell the extender is greedy in my book. Overall Verizon's network is great, but at least T-mobile was fairly honest about their lapses in coverage and gave you a good alternative.
  6. Banned
    assmunke's Avatar
    Member #
    41247
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    36
    Phone
    DROID
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by MNTNBKR View Post
    I should also add, just in case you didn't hear, that verizon is apparently going to be enabling calling via Wi-Fi next month. It is yet to be determined how / if this will help people like us who have spotty (at best) coverage in their homes.

    It's possible right now to make Wi-Fi calls using the Droid, but it isn't supported, and takes some serious setup. And it isn't as seamless as I'd like either.
    now THIS is good news! I hope it pans out.
  7. Senior Droid
    lschicky's Avatar
    Member #
    31756
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    132
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by assmunke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lschicky View Post
    what is the coverage like standing outside of your house? Sometimes it's a matter of the building materials in your house.
    Marginally better, certain areas in the front yard will go back and forth between 1- 2 bars of voice coverage.I'm definitely between towers or something as the coverage is hit or miss within a few block radius of the house. Signal strength is always between 98-101 dBm
    you should call them, at the very least and let them know that it's a problem in your area. Chances are they will look into it, while I don't think you will get a network extender for free, they can check on their towers.
  8. Super Moderator
    Vulcan1600's Avatar
    Member #
    7183
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,569
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by assmunke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan1600Rider View Post
    I can tell you that they will laugh in your face if you demand a free Network Extender. As Black said the 30 day trial is set up for situations where if it doesn't work out for you, then you return it. If you're outside of that 30 days, you can do what I did, BUY ONE. Don't get me started on this everything should be handed to us topic.
    While I am in agreement that Verizon has every right to follow business practices that ensure profitability, they are misrepresenting their product in my area. Why should I shell out 250 bucks to supplement their lapse in coverage? I think its garbage that I am basically forced to buy this equipment if I hope to use my phone to make calls (imagine that...) At least let me use my own WiFi router & UMA if I can't use the network I pay for every month, the fact that they lock that down and sell the extender is greedy in my book. Overall Verizon's network is great, but at least T-mobile was fairly honest about their lapses in coverage and gave you a good alternative.
    Did VZW give you 30 days to test drive the service - YES
    Did VZW put a gun to your head to make you start with their service - NO
    End of story
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

  9. Nice Guy
    aaf709's Avatar
    Member #
    6126
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    4,181
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    #19
    I have the same problem at home and explained it to the store's manager. She sold one to me for 50% off (which was their cost).
    Last edited by aaf709; 09-10-2010 at 06:36 PM.
  10. Droid
    bconne1's Avatar
    Member #
    31873
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    30
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #20
    Yeah, I don't see what the big deal is. If T-Mo is that good, why'd you leave? And if VZW isn't working out, why not use the 30 day deal?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 08:05 PM
  2. Got the Network Extender
    By greyghost04 in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 10:39 AM
  3. Stupid question. What does Wifi do if you are already on Verizon's Network?
    By Underwhere in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 11:10 AM
  4. Network Extender and the Droid
    By aaf709 in forum Android Accessories
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 08:53 AM
  5. Off Topic, but I have to give some praise for the VZ network extender
    By mjs31 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 08:33 AM

Search tags for this page

free verizon network extender
,
get verizon network extender free
,

how to get a free network extender from verizon

,

how to get a free verizon network extender

,
how to get a network extender for free
,

how to get a verizon network extender for free

,
network extender verizon free
,
verizon extender free
,

verizon femtocell free

,

verizon network extender free

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+