DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: A little review of the Droid Maxx vs the LG G2

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    Price match my friend. Price match. I got mine at Best Buy.
    They'll do that for full retail?
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  2. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Phone
    LG G2 - Nexus 7 v2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    They'll do that for full retail?
    Absolutely. Bought my Bionic, Razr, G'nex and Razr Maxx there and they price matched them all.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    Absolutely. Bought my Bionic, Razr, G'nex and Razr Maxx there and they price matched them all.
    Well I'll be darned, they said they would do it... now I just gotta sell my current one. How have I not known about this? I've bought a few devices from Best Buy over the past few years, outright, and they're always $100 more than Verizon.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Phone
    LG G2 - Nexus 7 v2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    Well I'll be darned, they said they would do it... now I just gotta sell my current one. How have I not known about this? I've bought a few devices from Best Buy over the past few years, outright, and they're always $100 more than Verizon.

At least $100 more. Full retail on the Maxx is still $749, Moto X is $699, LG G2 is $699 and the Note 3 is $799. I have never had an issue getting price matches at Best Buy. I have even done them from amazon.com. In fact several years ago when I bought my JVC D-ILA Lycos 55" TV they matched a smaller online retailer. Saved me over $1000.
    Last edited by Garemlin; 10-25-2013 at 09:19 AM.
    jntdroid and Clamshell like this.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    Thanks. Very interesting review. I currently have the Maxx and I'm still inside of Verizon's 14 day trial. I'm still deciding whether to keep it or exchange it for another phone. This helps me decide between the LG and the Maxx. The other two phones I'm thinking about swapping it out for are the S4 or Note 3. Not sure if I should keep it or not. I like the Maxx alot, but I'm worried about it being updated and the non-removable battery. I've never had a Samsung or LG. My only other phone was a Droid Bionic. Is the Maxx a good phone to keep for 2 years or would be better off getting a different phone?
  6. Droid X Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    popcenator
    Phone
    Droid X, Galaxy Nexus, LG G2
    Premium Member
    I wouldn't worry about the battery being non removable. The only time you need a removable battery is when the battery can't last through a days usage, and with the Maxx that is not an issue. My only concerns aside from the signal strength and battery life is how long will the device be supported before it gets dumped. I don't know Verizon's track record with updating the Droid line, but I would assume, since it's their flagship line, they'd keep it fairly up to date, although I know they'll be slow to do so. The LG has quite a bit of development and really, there's not much to not like about the phone from my experience so far. The Maxx is the safe bet, it'll just work and work well while getting you through a day and a half with ease.
  7. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Phone
    LG G2 - Nexus 7 v2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by popcenator View Post
    I wouldn't worry about the battery being non removable. The only time you need a removable battery is when the battery can't last through a days usage, and with the Maxx that is not an issue. My only concerns aside from the signal strength and battery life is how long will the device be supported before it gets dumped. I don't know Verizon's track record with updating the Droid line, but I would assume, since it's their flagship line, they'd keep it fairly up to date, although I know they'll be slow to do so. The LG has quite a bit of development and really, there's not much to not like about the phone from my experience so far. The Maxx is the safe bet, it'll just work and work well while getting you through a day and a half with ease.
    They have gotten better with the Droid line. Though VZW seems to always be the last to get updates no matter what the device. Because LG does not have a proven track record in the smart phone world I would be a little worried about updates from them. But this is a flagship device. I would hope that they treat it as such. I love the G2. Just don't have that much trust in the LG name.

And I am really glad I bought both of these at Best Buy and have 45 days to return them. Gives me ample time to decide. Though I haven't bee able to yet.
    jackiescivic likes this.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    Are either or both of these phones capable of being on a phone call and surfing the net at the same time? I know some phones you can and some you can't. My HTC Rezound can do this. Don't have to do this very often but it's very useful when needed. I'm using Verizon if this makes a difference to the carriers you are testing these on.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2291 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX XT1080!
    Premium Member
    I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say that the maxx will for sure, and frankly I'd be very surprised if the g2 didn't.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :-)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    Maxx, Maxx HD, Razr Maxx
    I never use the phone/Internet at the same time, so I have no clue

Sent from my Droid Maxx
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links