DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Yes or No 26/09/13

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Yes or No 26/09/13

Yes or no - would you use a service to track your lost mobile device?

Reference: CyanogenMod unveils Device Finder, a secure way to track a lost device | Android and Me

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  4.1 KB

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Twitter
    @AECRADIO
    Phone
    Droid 2, Droid X, Moto-G
    I have tried AriDroid, but in my wife's DX, I had accidentally dumped the update, and had to redo the 'service', and of course, it no longer works because I did not install this update.
    I attempted to uninstall via the normal way, and could not, then try through root browser, deleting all instances there, and in other areas, then delete the program's fragments through TB, and even this did not work.
    How can one uninstall this when even I am locked out of my own device feature set over this one app?
    It does not allow me to get rid of anything related to AirDroid, and I deleted my accounts.

I am no longer going to use anything remotely associated with such applications, as removing them from my phone is becoming an impossibility. I list AirDroid as spam and dangerous/malicious because it refuses to allow me to uninstall or delete it from my phone.
    Ernest A. Erickson
    Payson, AZ.
    NCC-1701E
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Twitter
    @AECRADIO
    Phone
    Droid 2, Droid X, Moto-G
    Update:
    After the second deletion through TB, I was able to get rid of the icon, and stragglers, then I accessed the root browser and deleted Airdroid from the SD card file.
    This cleared out all instances of this app, and all that's left for me to do, is delete my single account.
    Ernest A. Erickson
    Payson, AZ.
    NCC-1701E

Links