DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Came from blackberry, have questions! Boy is this thing different!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Came from blackberry, have questions! Boy is this thing different!

o.k. so I made the switch! Here are a couple of my questions.. First, none of the icons themselves will show I have an email correct, It's only that tray on the top?

Second, facebook can only pull at the shortest interval of 30 minutes??

Next is there a way to have multiple icons for your multiple email accounts (I have (2) gmails and (2) yahoo's and I was wondering if I could bet (4) individual icons...

When I pull up the tab full of more apps and such, How can I organize that (ie move things around or delete things I don't need?)

Thats all I can think of, other than being SERIOUSLY confused I think I like it! Thanks in advance!

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

k9 mail

For mail other than Gmail, do yourself a favor and do t waste your time with the factory mail app. It wont delete messages from the server properly and the messages will keep coming back. It had considering returning my Droid. Finding k-9 mail in the market solved all my issues with mail. Doesn't give multiple icons but does keep them separated in folders. You will love the Droid. Blackberry is the king of email but this thing does everything that the blackberry didn't.
    Last edited by droidtom; 02-24-2010 at 04:52 AM.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    I would suggest considering having all your email accounts forwarded to your gmail and receiving your email that way. I've never used K9 before and it may work just fine but you can set up in your gmail settings under the accounts tab to have these emails forwarded. You can choose to leave a copy in your own email's box or have it simply deleted upon forwarding. Also you can respond to mail received in the same account it was received in through gmail.

Just another option to look at, if you'd like.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by msuperbauer View Post
    First, none of the icons themselves will show I have an email correct, It's only that tray on the top?
    Yup. That's the notification bar. That's where you'll find all notifications.

Next is there a way to have multiple icons for your multiple email accounts (I have (2) gmails and (2) yahoo's and I was wondering if I could bet (4) individual icons...
    IIRC you can make shortcuts (longpress on the home screen) to each email account you have set up with the stock apps. However, you might not want to setup each email account directly -- see the other posts above that recommend other solutions. It really just depends on where your priorities lie (i.e. is it most important that you have separate icons on your home screen?).

When I pull up the tab full of more apps and such, How can I organize that (ie move things around or delete things I don't need?)
    The app drawer is all your apps. You don't organize it. You can, however, organize your home screen. IIRC you can delete some of the delivered apps if you root but that's not really worth getting into at this point.

Thats all I can think of, other than being SERIOUSLY confused I think I like it! Thanks in advance!
    Just don't assume that anything works the way it did on your BB. If you find that that it seems that something is missing or isn't quite right then don't overlook apps as potential solutions. Definitely spend time reading the forums here as they're full of very useful info.
    Last edited by takeshi; 02-24-2010 at 07:26 AM.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    I'm not sure, but I think he was asking about different icons for each account in the status bar. I gave up on the mail app as well. I have all three of my accounts in the gmail app and it works really well. I wouldn't mind separate notification icons as well. I believe you can set it for different audio notifications but haven't found a way to do different icons.

I came from a blackberry as well and this is a vast improvement. I've heard before that it was the king of email, but it never handled HTML messages well. I have no regrets at all about the Droid.
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    another organization tool to consider is using folders. if you long-press and blank part on one of your home screens, you will have the option of creating folders. name them whatever you want and drag-n-drop app icons into them.
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    great info! Thank you!! With out this forum and you peeps, I would be EXTREMELY frusterated right now!! lol

Links