DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rooted > Bugless Beast > Overclocked > Unrooted > Waited for 2.1 > Rooted > Droid Mod

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Lightbulb Rooted > Bugless Beast > Overclocked > Unrooted > Waited for 2.1 > Rooted > Droid Mod

Looking at the title, this was what I went through.

Let me tell you... for some reason... Droid Mod... without overclocking, is very fast and smooth for me. I installed the 2.1 Launcher, I have live wallpapers running smoothly...

I can install SetCPU, overclock to 800, like I did with BB... but now I don't see the point. Truth is, I don't use Maya on this phone, Microsoft Word, Photoshop, etc... so the processor boost for this phone... isn't necessary for me.

Motorola disappointed me with their retractions, silence, and Verizon upset me with their continuance from Moto's silence.

I installed Droid Mod to give it a run... and wow...

When 2.1 comes out, I will install that. I won't disappointed at all because I'm at stock speed now.
    -

--

---

Hello... Did I make you "el oh el" today? I just want to make you laugh. It makes me happy that I made your day happier. Smile.

---

--

-

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    free? tell us more about Droid Mod
  4. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1679 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    loving droid mod the live wall papers are cool but burns a battery (no more then a home replacement app). DroidMod - Everything Droid doesn't, DroidMod does. is a good place to ask the devs and install the mod.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yes Droid Mod is free. It does the whole rooting process, including flashing, bios work etc... for you, including downloading the files needed from the net via your phone, within one single application called "DM Updater".

I rooted manually before to gain knowledge and experience.

Download DM Updater here, and learn more about the Droid Mod project.

DroidMod - Everything Droid doesn't, DroidMod does.
    -

--

---

Hello... Did I make you "el oh el" today? I just want to make you laugh. It makes me happy that I made your day happier. Smile.

---

--

-
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    You and Hookbill should get together, lol:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-wrong-me.html
    You are right to be wary. There is much bullcrap. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Mark Rippetoe
  7. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Where'sMyCoffe? View Post

Let me tell you... for some reason... Droid Mod... without overclocking, is very fast and smooth for me. I installed the 2.1 Launcher, I have live wallpapers running smoothly...

I can install SetCPU, overclock to 800, like I did with BB... but now I don't see the point. Truth is, I don't use Maya on this phone, Microsoft Word, Photoshop, etc... so the processor boost for this phone... isn't necessary for me.

Motorola disappointed me with their retractions, silence, and Verizon upset me with their continuance from Moto's silence.

When 2.1 comes out, I will install that. I won't disappointed at all because I'm at stock speed now.
    Having all of these options really confuses an old guy like me. One the other hand, that is what makes this device so much fun.

I just retired form higher ed so I really like your signature.

Mike
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotcharles747 View Post
    loving droid mod the live wall papers are cool but burns a battery (no more then a home replacement app). DroidMod - Everything Droid doesn't, DroidMod does. is a good place to ask the devs and install the mod.
    Surprisingly, I haven't had any battery draining problems. I use "white killer" and every time I quit using a app, I kill just about everything else excluding the 2.1 Launcher, the Live Wallpapers, and the Beautiful Widgets.

I also love charging my phone every time I'm near my computer, or a outlet when I'm not using the phone.

Which makes me think... do we have a existence of bluetooth chargers? Basically wireless chargers for phones? I know it will cost more... but boy... that would be... interesting.
    -

--

---

---

--

-
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droidzilla
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Im not knocking DM, but I haven't found one ROM I've liked out there, or that is faster than my own custom setup.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Where'sMyCoffe? View Post

Having all of these options really confuses an old guy like me. One the other hand, that is what makes this device so much fun.

I just retired form higher ed so I really like your signature.

Mike
    Ha ha ha, I understand sir. This device is massively fun. Hopefully due to all the awards and other attention the Droid is getting as of late G, M, and V will show the Droid more attention.

And about the signature, yah lol. I had one of the top English, Writing Comprehension, Essay scores at my college, but when I'm online... I just don't care lol.
    -

--

---

---

--

-
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Is this better then sholes rom? I know its the new version but just wondering.

Also, we just put this on our sd card, recovery, install, an choose the rom?

Does it matter if were running sholes now?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links