DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By newbroot83
  • 1 Post By dezymond
  • 1 Post By Lexicon
  • 1 Post By dezymond

Thread: Yet Another - What Phone?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Yet Another - What Phone?

Welcome to my first post here, I will be getting active soon as I am finally getting rid of this damn Blackberry 9900!

Keep in mind, I am just posting a bunch of phones. BUT ALSO, THIS PHONE I GET, MUST LAST ME THE 3 YEAR CONTRACT! Or atleast 2. :P

So, here is what I want in a phone.
    - A long Battery Life.
    - Fast and good with internet, facebook etc,
    - Won't "die"/slow down after the first year of normal use.
    - I do NOT plan on rooting, maybe once I get comfortable but for now, NO.
    - I do not mind big screens at all, but I need a good case available for it, as I DO tend to drop it while biking.
    - I DO use multitasking a lot, going from facebook to youtube to twitter and browsing internet and messages etc, that will mean a lot to me in a phone!

Here are the options, I want to keep it under $150, But if you think I NEED the S4 for $229, I guess I can do it.

QUIT OBVIOUSLY blackberrys are off the table, and so are windows phones, and iphones is a whole other issue. :P

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Definitely need the note 2

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    FoxKat likes this.
  4. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Out of that list, I would say the s4, note 2, Xperia ZL, and One are the most "future proof". And with that said, I highly recommend you head to a store and demo each of them, they are all fantastic phones.
    FoxKat likes this.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    Out of that list, I would say the s4, note 2, Xperia ZL, and One are the most "future proof". And with that said, I highly recommend you head to a store and demo each of them, they are all fantastic phones.

I am really considering the HTC One though, I don't want the Note 2s big screen, I don't like sony too much, and the s4 is a bit expensive, the htc one is right in the middle and my aunt has the one x and loves it and I really like using it too... so I don't know, I will go into the store, test the One, S4, Note 2 and ZL I guess and see what I like.
    FoxKat likes this.
  6. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Well that's why I recommended you go try. For example, many were a bit intimidated by the size of the Note II, and now many swear they'll never go back to a smaller phone. I mean screen size is something you can get used to, think of the other features it offers, an expandable SD card for example, something the One doesn't offer. A person can only research so much online, but one must remember that this is a device they'll be handling everyday and need to get a feel for, which is why I always recommend heading to the store to get some hands on time.

I just recommended those models because they are ones that should keep you happy for the next 2yrs, if not 3yrs due to their hardware and being fairly future proof. They are all premium devices and all offer something one of the others can't. So weigh your options and head to the store to get some real hands on time with them.
    FoxKat likes this.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Well that's why I recommended you go try. For example, many were a bit intimidated by the size of the Note II, and now many swear they'll never go back to a smaller phone. I mean screen size is something you can get used to, think of the other features it offers, an expandable SD card for example, something the One doesn't offer. A person can only research so much online, but one must remember that this is a device they'll be handling everyday and need to get a feel for, which is why I always recommend heading to the store to get some hands on time.

I just recommended those models because they are ones that should keep you happy for the next 2yrs, if not 3yrs due to their hardware and being fairly future proof. They are all premium devices and all offer something one of the others can't. So weigh your options and head to the store to get some real hands on time with them.
    Just the thing is I ride BMX so I like to have my phone in my pocket, and be able to pull it out, while riding bombing down hills etc, and change songs, check messages and reply to texts, without freezing, lag, or two hands... so thats why I am a bit intimidated by the Note 2. :s
  8. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Well none of those phones will really freeze or lag, they're all quadcore powerhouses. I did mess with the note 2 for a bit and it was fairly easy to navigate with one hand. However, in your specific case/needs it may not fit, but that's why I say go try it out. For myself, it was a tossup between the Note II and the s4. I chose the s4 because it was big enough of a phone for me and the display on the Note II didn't compare in my eyes, which is proven by the specs. However, I know many Note 2 owners who are completely happy with theirs.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Well none of those phones will really freeze or lag, they're all quadcore powerhouses. I did mess with the note 2 for a bit and it was fairly easy to navigate with one hand. However, in your specific case/needs it may not fit, but that's why I say go try it out. For myself, it was a tossup between the Note II and the s4. I chose the s4 because it was big enough of a phone for me and the display on the Note II didn't compare in my eyes, which is proven by the specs. However, I know many Note 2 owners who are completely happy with theirs.
    Well tomorrow when I find out for sure when I get a new phone, I am going to go in a hopefully rogers will let me use a few of these phones and compare them. I am thinking HTC One, S4 and maybe the ZL. :P
  10. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Well tomorrow when I find out for sure when I get a new phone, I am going to go in a hopefully rogers will let me use a few of these phones and compare them. I am thinking HTC One, S4 and maybe the ZL. :P
    They should let you try them out, don't see why they wouldn't let you.
    Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Twitter
    shehippie
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note2 & Gnex
    Quote Originally Posted by newbroot83 View Post
    Definitely need the note 2