I think we should have a thread for general info on the subject STOLE/LOST phones.
I may have had a smartphone but I was not a smart owner no lock, no tracking app and now... no phone!
Yep, I need Stolen phone advice. I am sure others will at some point too. My Galaxy S3 was swiped at a casino. I thank god have insurance and am getting the NOTE II since they don't carry S3 in 64G anymore.
I am so bummed about it. It was mint!! I loved it. And I can't imagine what I lost for pics and such. Last backup was a bit ago.
So here are my questions and feel free to add what your concerns would be if your was stolen. We all use them so differently.
1. what do you do when you find out it's "gone" police report? have service turned off? what is the difference in action if it might be just "lost"
2. what can be seen by a theif if it isn't locked?
3. what are the tracking options after if you didn't have a tracking app?
4. how to secure your information before and after? what good would it do change phone's gmail after it is stolen?
5. what are the best tracking apps to install BEFORE?
For starters... please add anything you can to this discussion.