I've had invites from Google Voice for months now. I really can't see any significant benefits for my situation. Here are some points that characterize my phone usage for voice and texting:
- I don't need to use voicemail more than 1 or 2 times a month
- I have free texting as part of my family plan - it doesn't cost more for just my phone
- I do lot's of texting
- For the few voicemails I do get, I don't care to push them to different phones
- Pushing a new GV phone number to the 400+ phone contacts I have will be a hassle to reverse, if I decide after the fact that I don't want to use Google Voice
- I do no international calling
What am I missing here?