DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: am i the only one who likes the dpad?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

am i the only one who likes the dpad?

I actually really like the clad. It is nice to surf the web on the couch with the phone open, just using one hand to navigate while reading forums and what not. I think it is worth the design trade off on the keyboard.

3. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Don't really use the D-pad, not even for browsing. Personal preference I guess? I still kinda wish they took it out so the keyboard could be larger
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I used to have an XV6700 PDA phone and was used to using the little eraser head to select/click links on webpages (instead of using the stylus), so I know exactly what you mean. The d-pad is GREAT for selecting links while browsing that are otherwise too small to reliably click with your finger (yes, even after zooming in). I think many people just don't think of these uses.

I just wish it were on the left side...that would be sick for playing all the SNES game I've put on there.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID...Finally!!
    i dont use the dpad.. they should've just removed it and put a wider KB instead..
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I actually like the D-pad quite a bit. It would have been nice to have a wider keyboard, but the D-Pad is worth it IMO.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    I've used the d-pad just to check it out a few times. Could definitely live without it. Would have preferred also if they used that bit of real estate to get the keyboard that much bigger.
    Once every sort of mental process has ceased, not a particle of karma is formed.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    The phone has a large touch screen. You can navigate the entire phone with one hand, so I don't get the benefit you present here. To me, the D-pad is relatively useless and the keyboard is cramped and suffers as a result.

I would love to use it for emulation, but it's like, on the wrong side. If these emulators are updated to have an option where I can flip the screen vertically, so I can turn my phone upside down and have the d-pad on the left, then I'd deem the sacrifice worth it...until then, it's pretty useless to me and takes up too much real estate for what it's worth.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid X, Fascinate, G-Tab...
    The D-Pad is great for Nesoid, but otherwise I seldom even open the 'slider' since the on-screen controls are so well-wrought.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I have used the dpad a handful of times and it worked quite well. Especially for small links that you'd normally have to zoom in several times to get a guaranteed finger click. So I do like it for what it is, but at the same time, I'm sure I could do without it. It doesn't get in the way for me and i like the keyboard so I don't need it bigger, I do sometimes wish it was on the left for games but for navigating it is better on the right.

I almost wish they had given us a trackball instead, but the dpad is fine.

Links