OK, it looks like this thead has been unlocked, which is good.
I did a bit of testing with this app at home and have a few observations:
1. This app will only work with the wireless router that Verizon provided with your FiOS service. It uses IP broadcasting to find the set top boxes you have connected. (it looks for devices listening on UDP port 4538). If you use a secondary security device (which you should!), the app will not find the router. It would be nice to allow you to specify the IP address of the STB.
2. The app seems to take a long time to load and initialize. I have timed it in the 10-15 second range.
3. The app has limited support for landscape mode or the slide out keyboard.
4. The app brings up the alphanumeric keyboard when trying to direct enter the channel number. This may be a limitation of the phone, but it would be nice to have it bring up the phone keyboard instead.
5. It doesn't seem to allow you to send pictures to the TV if the DVR is recording something.
Overall, it's a good shot at a version 1.0 application, but it still has a way to go to make it to prime time. I'm hoping Verizon gives the developers some time to work on this effort because this has a lot of promise!
@Verizon: If you're looking for a beta tester. Call me. You know my number.
1.Only works with HD STB's the regulars won't work (Bastards are greedy for money...why couldn't they just give it to all STB's (Unless its a STB hardware issue)).
2.Has a pretty cool option,if someone calls you,it can automatically MUTE the TV untill you get off the phone!! That's sick.