DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Received a Motorola Droid 3 in a craigslist trade earlier, is it worth anything?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3

Received a Motorola Droid 3 in a craigslist trade earlier, is it worth anything?

I traded a guy a copy of LA Noire and Alan Wake for a verizon Motorola Droid 3. It has an 11gb SD card, the keyboard slides in and out well, the camera works. All the buttons are responsive, it even has a clean ESN. However...it has a pretty nasty crack. I played with it for a bit and decided the games I had collecting dust were well worth a new phone to screw around with. I realized it doesn't do much more than my current phone, so I'm curious if I could sell it for anything. It functions properly and can be activated with a sim card, however the screen is kinda nasty. I contemplated replacing the screen, though I know nothing about this sort of thing, so I'd probably have it done at a store... is it repairable? Thanks for the help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Received a Motorola Droid 3 in a craigslist trade earlier, is it worth anything?-part_1360736524320.jpeg  
  2. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1045 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    You could probably flip it for a small price, but I don't think you'll make too much money off it as the screen has a pretty significant crack on it. I suppose you could just keep it as a device to mess around with and as a backup (I have my OG Droid as a backup). It certainly is repairable, but I just don't know how much it'll cost and whether that price is worth it to you or not either.

Links