DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Considering getting a droid/Ipod, need advice

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr

Considering getting a droid/Ipod, need advice

I've tried to do as much research as possible, but sometimes it's better to do a Q&A. I hear the droid can do about anything, but Im wondering about a few certain things. I'm basically wanting an all in one device so I don't have to buy both an Ipod and a Cell phone.

An Ipod can plug directly into a car's stereo reciver and play music through it. Can the Droid do this?

I have 64 bit Windows 7. Can I just plug my Droid into my computer, copy my music and begin listening like an Ipod? Am I going to have to download any software to convert my Windows Media to be compatible with the Android OS?

Same question but with movies. Can I copy a couple movies onto my Droid from my PC and watch em on my long boring flight to wherever?

Same question with books. Can I D/L a book onto this thing? (not sure I really want to but...)

Thanks so much for any input. I'm hoping some of these answers will persuade me to purchase one. I may be back with more questions if I think of any.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    An Ipod can plug directly into a car's stereo reciver and play music through it. Can the Droid do this?

What kind of plug do you use? If it is a normal stereo plug, then yes you can plug the Droid and play music through your car stereo

I have 64 bit Windows 7. Can I just plug my Droid into my computer, copy my music and begin listening like an Ipod? Am I going to have to download any software to convert my Windows Media to be compatible with the Android OS?

I am not sure with Windows 7 64-bit. I am using Vista Ultimate 64-bit and all I have to do is mount the phone and drag my mp3s on a music folder.

Same question but with movies. Can I copy a couple movies onto my Droid from my PC and watch em on my long boring flight to wherever?

Yes, you can do this.

Same question with books. Can I D/L a book onto this thing? (not sure I really want to but...)

I have never tried buying books yet on my Droid, however, I do have books in epub format and it works beautifully on Droid (Just go to market and DL Aldiko for free).
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    Yes to everything. There is no need for an ipod if you have a droid. Unless you want the cool version of Assassins Creed, then you have to get the iTouch...
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I would be considered by most an Apple fanboy but being 100% honest the Droid is so much better than an ipod due to everything you can do on it. Get the Droid
    Twitter: @mitchelltaylor
    Google Talk: mitchell.droid@gmail.com
    Come join the fastest growing Social Group on Droidforums! Droid Hackers
  5. KTG
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

how do I download music to my droid

I mount the droid to my computer but I do not see a folder to put the files
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by KTG View Post
    I mount the droid to my computer but I do not see a folder to put the files
    just make a folder called music and put it in there. in fact you can put music in any folder and the droid will find it.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    well if it helps at all...i replaced both an env3 and an ipod touch with the droid...sold both once i got this phone...but this couldnt replace my 30 gig ipod (regular) that i keep in my car at all times...other than that i wouldnt think twice about using it as an ipod/phone replacement
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplekin View Post
    I've tried to do as much research as possible, but sometimes it's better to do a Q&A. I hear the droid can do about anything, but Im wondering about a few certain things...
    The best question you could have asked is, "What kind of community and support can I expect?"

You've taken a look here--now take a look there--you should have your answer.

- Mega
  9. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Drag and drop with no 3rd party software.

I don't like iTunes or any 3rd party software, so i love it.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droooiiiidddd
    I'm no genius, but I can handle a computer. I've had Palm, and Winmo devices, and they just never really rang my bell.... I was going to get an idon't after the first of the year because it has some apps that I want to use for long range marksmanship, and for work... those apps aren't available on the Android OS.

When I heard about the Droid about a month ago, I did some research on the web, and spoke to some supergeek at work. Today I took delivery of my Droid, and I am lovin' it! Easy to learn, and use. I wanted to dump the MP3 player, so I hooked up the droid to the PC, they said hello to each other and I dumped 4 gig of music on the young lady.... Dumped cold water on the two of them just as they were finishing up, punched up the music Icon and she found them all on her own. Started running RingDroid to make my own ringtones, and that was easy enough..... If this thing is this easy, and this good, I'll be dumping my Garmin on ebay next.... The map even shows what corner of the house I'm standing in. Do yourself a favor, get the Droid... even if the apps I want aren't available for Android yet, they will be soon enough. It's a Droid World !!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links