DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: How much longer will HTC last going in this direction?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA

How much longer will HTC last going in this direction?

Hey folks. I gotta say, I love HTC phones, but with how they are trading looks for functionality these days, I'm thinking they may be going in the wrong direction. They are limiting people while other OEMs are giving people options to expand battery and disk space. Not Apple, but they are in a different boat. I hear the complaints on HTC products and I hear the bad press about dwindling sales. Are they out of touch with what the world is seeking? Can they be relevant in 5 years going in this same direction? It almost seems a bit backwards if you ask me. At least Apple offers a lower and high end iphone. HTC just comes out with one model and then releases the improved model 6-8 months down the road.
    My phone is now a part of my DNA.
  2. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    They've acknowledged that their products have been disappointing and are looking to change that this year. The DNA looks like a great phone and if that's any indication of the direction they're heading then it seems like they could be fighting for that top spot again
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    From a Verizon Rezound user standpoint, I think VZW is the one I would blame. The HTC Rezound was one of it's best phones yet treated like a unwanted step child by VZW! Chris
    Rezound User - Retired Techie
  4. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    I think the TB got a bad rep and the public had held onto that misconception about HTC. People forget that the TB was one of the first 4g devices and being a new technology there were going to be some more cons than what we see in 4g devices today. I use a friend's Rezound quite a bit and it is a great phone. If it weren't for the Nexus I would've gone with the Rezound, hands down.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

Re: How much longer will HTC last going in this direction?

Quote Originally Posted by cp24eva View Post
    Hey folks. I gotta say, I love HTC phones, but with how they are trading looks for functionality these days, I'm thinking they may be going in the wrong direction. They are limiting people while other OEMs are giving people options to expand battery and disk space. Not Apple, but they are in a different boat. I hear the complaints on HTC products and I hear the bad press about dwindling sales. Are they out of touch with what the world is seeking? Can they be relevant in 5 years going in this same direction? It almost seems a bit backwards if you ask me. At least Apple offers a lower and high end iphone. HTC just comes out with one model and then releases the improved model 6-8 months down the road.
    Apple releases one iPhone per year. They keep selling older models, but they don't have a low end and high end iPhone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA

Re: How much longer will HTC last going in this direction?

When I say low end and high end I mean to say they sell different version with different storage capacity. Those phones are not low end at all lol.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    My phone is now a part of my DNA.

Links