DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Upgrade or stick with the droid?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Upgrade or stick with the droid?

Hey everyone,
    I've had the Droid X for about 2 years now. I'm thinking about upgrading to the HTC Rezound on Verizon. It's free on Verizon now!
    Should I upgrade now or should I wait for another phone? Any other suggestions?
  2. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Have you checked out the Rezound yet? What about any other phones available?

The rezound is a great phone but of course the same can be said for a lot of the others. Head to the store to check them out. If your concern is price a "free" rezound is a great deal
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I haven't check it out yet but I have seen other phones. I really like the Samsung galaxy S3 but it's too old to get for $200 at Verizon. Any ideas when that phone might go on sale (not necessarily free but reduced price)?
  4. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woosung View Post
    I haven't check it out yet but I have seen other phones. I really like the Samsung galaxy S3 but it's too old to get for $200 at Verizon. Any ideas when that phone might go on sale (not necessarily free but reduced price)?
    No idea which phones are going to go on sale. Hard to argue against getting a free Rezound though, so I see your dilemma.

I had the S3 for a week and really liked it, but I didn't like it more than my Nexus so I returned it. For a phone that's considered old now, it really is pretty future proof. It's supposed to get the JB update soon if not already and with its hardware it'll stay relevant for quite some time. I don't know how HTC is with updates, but the Rezound is no slouch either when it comes to hardware
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    DEV X

Re: Upgrade or stick with the droid?

If your phone can make it another 5-6 months, I would wait for the next set of Moto phones to be released, but that's me. You just can't beat Moto's radios.

DROID BIONIC on 246
    Moto X DEV / N5 / Moto G / Galaxy S4 Dev / Galaxy S4 / Razr HD Dev / HTC One MAX / HTC EVO on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Bionic / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Iconia Win 8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7 / Asus TF300 / Galaxy Tab 2 / Iconia Tab A500
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr HD (Rooted 4.1.1)
    Don't do it!!

The Rezound that is. Unless you're dead set on HTC then I'd recommend the Droid Incredible 4G anyway. Right now you can get the Droid Inc 4G for free at a few retailers (that aren't Verizon) till the end of January. And if you really want something nice Wirefly is selling the Droid Razr HD (non-Maxx) for free to existing Verizon Customers and it's going for $50 to new Verizon Customers. Amazon is also having a similar deal on the Razr HD but for $0.01 instead of plain free. But you should hurry if you want to take advantage of the deal as it ends on January 31st (two days from now). So if it's free you want there is a whole lot better than the Rezound selling right now.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Moto X... The Game?
    Agreed wait for something better if you want a free phone you might as well wait for something decent.

Links