DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: new with a few questions about the RAZR Maxx

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR Maxx

new with a few questions about the RAZR Maxx

I ordered the Motorola RAZR Maxx from Alltel on Black Friday. I have since realized that there are numbers associated with these phones..XT908....XT910...XT912 etc..It was not specified which one my new phone was, But it is the new one with the 4.0 operating system and has the 21 hr battery talk time. I am relatively new to owning a smartphone and have been an owner of the Milestone X2 for about 4 months now. My concern is that the ph was back ordered. So I called in today and they asked all kinds of questions. I now have a tracking number and an order invoice. On the invoice it reads XT908 Milestone RAZR Maxx. Hoping this is a "type o" on their part. I did google a Milestone Maxx XT908 and it does exist. I guess what I need to understand is what exactly does these XT numbers mean? What should the XT number be on this new RAZR Maxx phone. I have found XT910 and XT912 but no XT908 associated with this ph. This makes me wonder if they are even shipping me the right phone. What does the words gingerbread and jellybean etc...also have to do with and mean concerning the MRM? This post is in no way meant to be derogatory towards Alltel I am just trying to learn and understand all this to educate myself on smartphones. When I google Motorola RAZR Maxx so many different varieties come up I need to understand the differences. Thanks for any and all help.

Amanda

3. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    GoCliffGo
    Phone
    DE Moto X, RAZR HD Dev, N7, X2
    Premium Member
    The number associated with the phone is usually carrier specific. It will be a RAZR but because you are connected through Alltell they have their own version they use. To maybe explain it better i have a RAZR HD with verizon. The model number is XT926. There is also a RAZR HD with the number XT925 and it is the exact same device except it is through the other carriers not Verizon.

"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola RAZR Maxx
    Thanks that does make me feel a little better that maybe they are sending me the right phone I guess I will see when I finally get it. It just makes me wonder why they put the Milestone RAZR Maxx because that isn't even a phone although the Milestone Maxx is. I am hoping its just a type o that they mixed my existing phone with the new one I am ordering.
    Thanks again
    Amanda
  5. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    GoCliffGo
    Phone
    DE Moto X, RAZR HD Dev, N7, X2
    Premium Member
    Milestone just means its another carrier also. I googled it, it is a phone, haha. You'll have the right one, it all has to do with the Alltell service.

"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."

Links