DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a little perspective?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

a little perspective?

So, as with all internet forums, there are threads all over the place that nitpick about teeny tiny little things. What if, instead of switching from your old smartphone to the droid, you switched from a little flip phone without a CAMERA, like me? There are almost infinitely many things I can do now that I couldn't before.... which makes my droid experience pure bliss.

Just food for thought, I guess. (Posted from somewhere near the NC-VA line on a country road)

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    Haha.....that's the way I feel...lol

Seriously, the Droid seems magical to the phones I've had....

4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I disagree. If we aren't trying to improve ourselves/products/services everyday, what the hell are we doing as a race?
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iMpathetic View Post
    So, as with all internet forums, there are threads all over the place that nitpick about teeny tiny little things. What if, instead of switching from your old smartphone to the droid, you switched from a little flip phone without a CAMERA, like me? There are almost infinitely many things I can do now that I couldn't before.... which makes my droid experience pure bliss.

Just food for thought, I guess. (Posted from somewhere near the NC-VA line on a country road)
    Surprisingly I find more complaints from people who have the Droid for their first smart phone. People who came from previous smart phones can really see the difference and seem to appreciate it more. Nice to see your post, glad you're enjoying your phone.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Banned
    Member #
    Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bugless Beast 2.1 ROM @ 1.1GHz
    Quote Originally Posted by rgrmatt69 View Post
    I disagree. If we aren't trying to improve ourselves/products/services everyday, what the hell are we doing as a race?
    Somewhat agree here.

When I was in Afghanistan, the difference between us and the Afghans is that even the soldiers like me who were in ****ty conditions but better than the Afghans were constantly trying to improve our living conditions, whereas the Afghans were more or less content to live in a mud building with holes in the wall.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    lol. i came from a smart phone (*cough* windows mobile *cough*) but can truely say this is the best phone ive had.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    I'm like the OP... I come from a flip phone as well. Yeah, I had a Treo650 a few years ago, but it didn't last......but that's another story for another time.

I love the Droid, and all of the things it can do, it is by far the best device I have ever owned, and I am always finding new things it can do for me.....
    "Chairman of the Awkward Squad"
    Treo 650 --> Samsung A37 --> Moto Droid --> Moto Droid 2 Global.
    Droid owner since 12/22/09
    Droid 2 Global owner since 2/12/11

9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SinCitySRT4 View Post
    lol. i came from a smart phone (*cough* windows mobile *cough*) but can truely say this is the best phone ive had.
    Exactly my point. You know right away that this blows windows mobile's doors off. And while I do hear some former Blackberry owners complain sometimes about things they had on their old phone for the most part they are very satisfied with the Storm.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droidzilla
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    I come for Winmo and Blackberry background. There are some things that irritate the crap out of me about the Droid, but the advantages quickly make me forget about them
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by adrynalyne View Post
    I come for Winmo and Blackberry background. There are some things that irritate the crap out of me about the Droid, but the advantages quickly make me forget about them
    you were the reason winmo was tolerable when i had it!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links