DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swapped out Droids?

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    D1, D2, DX,TBolt, Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhew View Post
    My third Droid will arrive on Tuesday. The first one kept deleting all 722 contacts - several times a day. The second Droid quit vibrating upon receipt of a text, e-mail and instant message. Unacceptable. If the third one is a dud, I am going back to a Blackberry. But I really don't want to do that. Love this thing.
    Don't worry you will get one that works. I am on my third Droid also and this one is working very well. I have to wonder about Moto's build quality because the fit and finish on the second one I got was out of whack also. (and it was a brand new one)

The Droid has got to be an expensive project for Moto, I have heard they've replaced hundreds of thousands of them.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    just did this twice within the past week one store sent in the mail and when i went to replace the replacement the other store had them in-store you just have to call and see
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhew View Post
    My third Droid will arrive on Tuesday. The first one kept deleting all 722 contacts - several times a day. The second Droid quit vibrating upon receipt of a text, e-mail and instant message. Unacceptable. If the third one is a dud, I am going back to a Blackberry. But I really don't want to do that. Love this thing.
    Don't worry you will get one that works. I am on my third Droid also and this one is working very well. I have to wonder about Moto's build quality because the fit and finish on the second one I got was out of whack also. (and it was a brand new one)

The Droid has got to be an expensive project for Moto, I have heard they've replaced hundreds of thousands of them.
    although this is true i hear a lot of people with phones they have had to replace 10+ times so haha i prefer 2 or 3
  4. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    When I had to replace mine a few weeks back I called tech support first. It was a rebooting issue. Over the phone we tried a few things including a reset but was still stuck. I had the rep call surrounding stores to reserve a swap for me. The first 3 stores had none. The last had over 30. An hour or so later I was back home with my replacement.

Give the store in question a ring.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    did mine after the 30-day mark... i was about a week over. had some camera issues and they mailed me a new one. i think it was a refurb. it was in a plain white box w/no battery. working just fine right now.
  6. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shnick View Post
    did mine after the 30-day mark... i was about a week over. had some camera issues and they mailed me a new one. i think it was a refurb. it was in a plain white box w/no battery. working just fine right now.
    That was what my replacement in the store came out of. The box was white, with black print. It reminded my of a generic-food box. It said "like-new - certified" Gotta love the marketing lingo
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links