OK – I’m a gonna do it. I’ve been a Win Mobile Fanboy! I am jumping ship!
Went from a ipaq – MDA on Tmobile – Touch on Sprint – Omnia on Verizon. But I have to agree that Bill Gates Incorporated is falling way behind the curve. The iPhone was never much of a option for me , I like to tweak and modify my toys.
My wife works for VZW and she got to play with the device, I checked it out and then forums like this and others. Checked the reviews, abused YouTube and did a little soul searching.
I am eligible for an upgrade in two weeks. I was waiting for the OMNIA II so I can compare that and the IMAGIO. Then this device shows up. This is what I want and need in a smartphone…
Thats about it - looking forward to having one shortly and jumping in the forums going "How in the heck do I do........."
- Customizable – whole gambit - screen, icons, themes and more
- Able to open my large *.lit ebook library – I hope FBReader works as advertised.
- Play music and audio over A2DP Bluetooth – have the Jabra 8010 stereo earbuds and a Motorola T505 for the car.
- E-Mail access – I have a gmail – pop and hotmail accounts
- Play video – divx natively would be nice – if not my PC can convert
- Easy sync of music from PC to Droid
- Fun applications – so far I like what I see in the market. Google’s Sky View looks impressive from a geeky point of view.
- Plays nice with Windows 7
- GPS Nav - Impressed with the YouTub video of the native Google Nav app - could be a .22 in the head for pricy 3rd party map apps
One thing I noticed, the Anroid Market is growing and I was suprised and the high number of FREE applications. If Verizon, Sprint & Tmobile want to get back at the iPhone - they need to point out how many good and decent looking apps are availible for the Droidor FREE where you have to pay for them on the iPhone.