configuring email accoiunts
Moved from a droid x2 to a rasr maxx and have been unable to add one of my email account. I'm using the email app native to the rasr and get to the part where you tell it to go off and set up the account, where it cycles for about 45 seconds and then comes back with the message that it could not open connection.
I've made damn sure the account user name was correct as well as the password. Even did it twice, same result. Next I tried to manually set up the account and got the same damn error message. Now, I'm not sure that I had the port correct and I tried all of the security settings to no avail and i'm stumped.
Any ideas other than punting?
It may depend on the email provider
It may be something in the email providers settings, I had a yahoo account set up and then suddenly it kept saying couldn't connect, I finally deleted the account from my phone and then tried to set it back up. I kept getting the same results you are experiencing. Seems yahoo had come out with their own app and wanted everyone to use it I believe. I just forgot about it for a while and then tried the other day to set it up again and it worked. You might contact the email provider.
email password recognition failure
i am also have a problem with the phone not recognizing my email addy and/or my password? weird thing is i have two accounts with aol and both have the same password. both on this phone since new (razr maxx) no problems with anything. yesterday, it stopped recognizing one of my accounts. tried to reenter it as a new account and phone keeps telling me incorrect name or password. what has changed over the last two days???
Odd, Puzzling, and Possibly Not of this Earth
I don't know what to tell you but as it's been noted before, the problem can evaporate. I'm kind of reminded of a slot machine, somehow.
My present status: The email app now sees both my yahoo account AND my private account with comcast. The latter was the one that gave me those same, damn error messages that you're getting. I have no idea how it got fixed. I simply did as MobiJohn did and gave it a rest for four or five days and then it seemed to fix itself. He had the same thing happen to him.
I've been in programming for almost thirty years and this reminds me of some of the goofier, inexplicable quirks I used to see, first in mainframe programming with an SPF data management system and later, in a number of compilers for C, C++ and Assembler. It happens. No one knows how or why. And sometimes it vanishes without a trace.
Keeps things interesting though ... :)