DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: using upgrade while grandfathered

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Oh, they are so full of it. They don't need to activate it for you. All you need to tell them is you need a sim card because you would like to activate a phone you will be putting on your line, that you are capable of doing the activation yourself, and that rather than having to make another separate trip into Verizon, you want to be able to activate it as soon as able. You could even let them know that you plan to move the phone from your mom's line to yours and that is within their policies.

Myself, I have no problem telling them politely what my plans are... it gives me an opportunity to explain that I plan to do everything I can to maintain my unlimited.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid
    Oh, they are so full of it. They don't need to activate it for you. All you need to tell them is you need a sim card because you would like to activate a phone you will be putting on your line, that you are capable of doing the activation yourself, and that rather than having to make another separate trip into Verizon, you want to be able to activate it as soon as able. You could even let them know that you plan to move the phone from your mom's line to yours and that is within their policies.

Myself, I have no problem telling them politely what my plans are... it gives me an opportunity to explain that I plan to do everything I can to maintain my unlimited.

She looked at me like i was stupid and laughed n was like haha we can't just HAND you a Sim! You have to bring in the phone.
    Then i waited there for over a half hour and was never assisted so i just left. I'm gonna try to find another store nearby cause those people are dumb. All i wanna do is spend a few hundred bucks ni can't get them to take my money
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    DX > SGS3
    Why don't you just order the phone online, activate it on your mother's line, unactivate it, and then put it on yours?
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    The last time I did that they said it had to be on the first phone number for three days.
  5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BKiv
    The last time I did that they said it had to be on the first phone number for three days.
    Yeah, they told me that the contract on the line should be immediately updated as soon as the phone is activated on that line but that I could check my account online to make doubly sure that the contract was updated on the tiered line before switching the phone.

6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilly216

She looked at me like i was stupid and laughed n was like haha we can't just HAND you a Sim! You have to bring in the phone.
    Then i waited there for over a half hour and was never assisted so i just left. I'm gonna try to find another store nearby cause those people are dumb. All i wanna do is spend a few hundred bucks ni can't get them to take my money
    Jwilly, go into the Verizon store, buy the s3 on your mother's line, tell Verizon that you need a spare sim because you will be eventually transferring the s3 to your line. Let them know that you have already checked to make sure this is possible and that the reason you are doing it this way is because it is the only way Verizon allows you to take advantage of the new every two while keeping your unlimited data.

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    At this point I would switch carriers, or contact VZ customer support and complain about the service I'm receiving at this particular location you keep going back to. Like everyone here said, call VZ directly and don't go through this location. However, since they're jerking you around so much, wouldn't it feel nice to move over to Sprint/T-Mo/or a pre-paid and pay less, keep unlimited and be able to upgrade in the future without fear of losing unlimited?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    I got my s3 thanks for all your support
    I got my s3 and kept my unlimited data! I found a loophole so now I can Use upgrades whenever I want
    Last edited by jwilly216; 09-24-2012 at 09:12 AM.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Umm. Please share.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    The thread wasn't intended to be about the loophole so sorry for leaving that part out. This doesn't help the single line people but I just had to give my mom my upgrade, use the alternate upgrade to get the s3 on her line then put her LG dare back on her line and they just stuck MY microSim into the s3.
    Using this method, I can use upgrades whenever I want and still keep many unlimited.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Links