DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Droid POP3 Email

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Blackberry / Droid

Droid POP3 Email

I purchased a Droid a few days back & hooked it up and had everything running. I loved the Droid except for one reason.

I have been a blackberry user for years & I love the fact that with Blackberry you get your emails instantly, but it seems Droid has to "Sync" every 5,10,15 or longer minutes depending upon how you set it up.

Is there anyway to get the Droid to get your email the instant they are sent (like blackberry). This is a huge deal for me due to my business, I always like to be the first person to respond & if I am waiting for Droid to get my emails I will switch back to blackberry.

I use Pop3 accounts through Go Daddy for my email.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Please tell me there is something that can be done as I would love to use the Droid.

Matt
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    wsbsteven
    Phone
    Bionic, Xoom
    Only gmail supports push. You may be able to reroute your email to gmail to get the push that way but I haven't needed to do that. Someone else should have information on how to do that and if it works.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Blackberry / Droid
    Why do they all do that (including the iPhone). Why can't push work for all accounts like blackberry.. I was hoping there was an app that would fix it for me.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt & Xoom
    Have your Gmail account check your pop3 accounts. You'll have to set that up on the web and not on your phone. Then it will all be pushed to your phone. There is also an option to name those pop3 accounts so you can tell which inbox they are coming from.

Sometimes a "smartphone" is only as smart as its user.

5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Blackberry / Droid
    The only problem with that is if I then reply to the person who sent me the email it will be sent from my gmail account.

So what we are saying is that no one knows of a way to "push" POP3 email to the Droid?
    Last edited by ECMatt90; 11-12-2009 at 10:11 AM.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

same boat

I am in the same boat. I was going to call tech support today to see if they have a solution. I cannot understand why the email is not being pushed faster. It can take up to an hour? I am very disappointed with this aspect only. Eveything else is great. I may wind up returning DROID and buying ugh the storm?
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Blackberry / Droid
    The main reason I never bought the storm was because I like to have a keyboard, I have since switched back to my Blackberry Curve as I hate waiting on emails.. I was hoping the Droid would work better than BB as with my BB I get emails to it before they show up in my outlook inbox..

Someone please tell me how to fix this... If not the Droid is going up on Ebay.....

Matt
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Thunderbolt & Xoom
    Quote Originally Posted by ECMatt90 View Post
    The only problem with that is if I then reply to the person who sent me the email it will be sent from my gmail account.

So what we are saying is that no one knows of a way to "push" POP3 email to the Droid?

I know online you can specify which account to send from, not sure on the phone.

Sometimes a "smartphone" is only as smart as its user.

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Blackberry / Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by bamfsig45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ECMatt90 View Post

I know online you can specify which account to send from, not sure on the phone.
    The problem is what you are saying is the same thing Droid is doing. I just read up on Gmail checking other accounts and Gmail will check your accounts "every so often" to see if there is an email. Well that's the same thing Droid is doing, I'm looking for a Real-Time Push email app or program. Like my the Blackberry.

Matt
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorala Droid
    Newbie Q re gmail push: I use only gmail accounts and at first my droid seemed instantaneous push of emails. Have I accidentally done something to my Moto droid to cause them not to auto push? They are taking almost 15 minutes now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links