DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just got Droided!!! Go VZW customer service!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2 ROOTED
    I have a bit of a story, my wife is on my family share plan with me, I called 2 weeeks ago to see if i can do an early upgrade for her. I was speaking to customer service and told them how much of a problem the lg dare was giving her and they told me the earliest upgrade I can do is in april and that was considered early cause i belive august was when her contract was up. The customer service rep didnt want to hear it i was not going to get a early upgrade. I said fine ill sell my droid and and go to fAil t&t, you know just seeing if they would go for that even his supervisor was not going for that he was saying I was giving putting him in a impossible position and tried to explain to me how they make no money off the phones and especially it was a second line on my family plan it would be definetly a no go on a early upgrade. So I said fine and hung up. Well my wife got wind of this and wrote a nice email to verizon and the very next morning they called my house saying sorry and that i can go in nd get whatever phone i want at the promotional price....... so i laughed and i was amazed how stupid customer service can be sometimes.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid!
    Quote Originally Posted by chops View Post
    I have a bit of a story, my wife is on my family share plan with me, I called 2 weeeks ago to see if i can do an early upgrade for her. I was speaking to customer service and told them how much of a problem the lg dare was giving her and they told me the earliest upgrade I can do is in april and that was considered early cause i belive august was when her contract was up. The customer service rep didnt want to hear it i was not going to get a early upgrade. I said fine ill sell my droid and and go to fAil t&t, you know just seeing if they would go for that even his supervisor was not going for that he was saying I was giving putting him in a impossible position and tried to explain to me how they make no money off the phones and especially it was a second line on my family plan it would be definetly a no go on a early upgrade. So I said fine and hung up. Well my wife got wind of this and wrote a nice email to verizon and the very next morning they called my house saying sorry and that i can go in nd get whatever phone i want at the promotional price....... so i laughed and i was amazed how stupid customer service can be sometimes.
    That part kind of bothers me, let me tell ya why. I work in a call center for a cable company, and honestly there is alot of stuff customers ask of me that I really just cant do. We as regular agents only have so much power, and even our supervisors have limits. Although honestly when you get to a supervisor most of the time they aren't really a supervisor, just an agent with a bit more power.

Sending an email went to corporate, who just wants the stuff done, so its not really that customer service was stupid, but that you really were putting him in an impossible position.
    And now a Message from the Admins...
    -Respect is rule number one. Normal social rules and etiquette apply, even while hiding behind a keyboard.
    -Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -If you want to pick a fight about something, you will have to find somewhere else to do so.
    -Report any offensive post or PM, they will be handled.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiksilver711 View Post
    Hi, I had an upgrade date for 2/20, and been counting the days since the Droid came out, and with 10 days to go I couldn't take it anymore and called VZW, and got the best customer service I have ever had.
    Just an FYI for you - and others who might not know. Verizon allows you to upgrade 30 days ahead of your 'due date.' At least they did for me. My date was in January, and I got my Droid in the beginning of December.

My update was April 2010 and I was allowed to update on Nov. 6, release date.

Happy, happy, Droid owner.
    -----Jon-----
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Ok, I already got the the price match from Best Buy once during this 30 day period. I bought the Droid at Best Buy for $199 but as posted Walmart has it for $148.88, so took my receipt to Best Buy and they gave me the difference. Now Dell.com has is for $49.99, will Best Buy match it again with this you think?
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Just an FYI for you - and others who might not know. Verizon allows you to upgrade 30 days ahead of your 'due date.' At least they did for me. My date was in January, and I got my Droid in the beginning of December.
    Yeah My Upgrade date was March 6, 10..I called Feb. 20 and asked if i could upgrade. I was put on hold and a supervisor gave me a new upgrade date 2-19 10. Kudos to them for doing that.
    ...Rooted On the first day...Droid 1
    Droid X Aug 3, 2010 Waiting on Froyo.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I was turned down at the Verizon corporate store today because my wife's line is 5 months away from early upgrade eligibility. Called Customer Service when I got home and after a little sweet talk and reminding them how long I have been with VZW, I was allowed to upgrade both lines and get the Droids at BOGO!! The only thing was that I couldn't get them at the store, had to have them ship to me, so I won't have them until Wednesday... I know how everyone complains about how dismal VZW Customer Service is, but I have never had an issue that wasn't resolved reasonably painlessly!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droid!
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_goodwrench View Post
    I was turned down at the Verizon corporate store today because my wife's line is 5 months away from early upgrade eligibility. Called Customer Service when I got home and after a little sweet talk and reminding them how long I have been with VZW, I was allowed to upgrade both lines and get the Droids at BOGO!! The only thing was that I couldn't get them at the store, had to have them ship to me, so I won't have them until Wednesday... I know how everyone complains about how dismal VZW Customer Service is, but I have never had an issue that wasn't resolved reasonably painlessly!
    It really sometimes depends on the agent, but most of the time, you treat them right, they take care of you. I do that same thing here at my job.
    And now a Message from the Admins...
    -Respect is rule number one. Normal social rules and etiquette apply, even while hiding behind a keyboard.
    -Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -If you want to pick a fight about something, you will have to find somewhere else to do so.
    -Report any offensive post or PM, they will be handled.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Very nice! I laughed when I read this because I had the same experience. My upgrade was on the 27th of Feb and my old Pearl was dropping calls and randomly powering off. I called VZW and asked if we could expedite my upgrade and asked if I could pick up in a store. They said they could since I was within 30 days of my upgrade date, but just wouldn't be able to upgrade online.. I had to order over phone or go in to a store. They made a note on my account saying an early upgrade was fine and they directed me to the nearest VZW store.. That was a whole 3 weeks before I was due.

It's nice VZW actually seems to help people out.. cool!
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Had the same thing happen, but we had a few months to go... We called VZW and they said no prob when every store said hell NO!! So we talked to them on the phone and had our Droids the next day, front door service... I won't go to a store anymore..
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    wsbsteven
    Phone
    Bionic, Xoom
    I just got shot down by VZW over the phone on an early upgrade of a "feature phone" to the Droid. The upgrade date is in May and they would only give me 1 year pricing. I may try again and see what happens later.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links