DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: New Phone

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

New Phone

So I have been experiencing issues with my Bionic where I would get a poping/crackling sound on the line when I would recieve calls but not when I placed calls. I called Verizon and went through the process of getting a replacement Bionic/Sim card. This didn't fix the issue. They are now telling me that it is a software issue and that they would like to replace my Bionic with a RAZR.

I am hesitant to do this because of all the ICS issues I have heard with the RAZR. Also, the ICS upgrade for Bionic has been sounding pretty smooth so far. Should I get the RAZR or wait to see if the ICS upgrade for Bionic will fix the issue?

Is the RAZR with ICS a better phone than Bionic in people's opinions?

3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Centura
    Premium Member
    It's all personal opinion, but the non-removable battery would be a deal breaker for me.
  4. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    I'm with Urban. The screen and the non-removable battery is what made me not consider getting a Razr.

As for how ICS is on the Razr, maybe go check it out in the store if possible. See if it's any different from your Bionic. I don't see why there would be problems and the two phones are both built and support by Moto, but who knows.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    I have both, and I prefer the RAZR. The screen is better unless you are always in direct sunlight, it has more development and the form is nice. The Bionic isn't a bad phone, but I'm not a big fan of the pixelated screen and less development. The LED is annoyingly small also.

That being said, I don't necessarily like the RAZR battery, but I had an extended battery for my X and always used the stock battery since the extended one annoyed me. If you can get a RAZR Maxx, I'd do that.
    -Brad
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    give me your opinion..

Links