DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any Verizon deals coming on the iPhone or Galaxy S3?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Any Verizon deals coming on the iPhone or Galaxy S3?

Hi all,

I'm looking to get an iPhone (yuk) for my wife and the Galaxy S3 this weekend.

Just curious if anyone has heard of any deals on either of those coming soon for Verizon customers? We have discounted pricing but that's it right now.

Thanks all!!!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    The S3 just recently released on VZW, so I doubt there will be deals on that any time soon.

The only time there are deals on the iPhone is when the new one is about to, or has, released. Then you can pick up the previous version (e.g., 4S) for $50-$100 less than now.
  4. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    I'm with Stupid (Jk StupidGenius)

S3 is too new to really get knocked down or really have any offers going for it. And there really is never any iPhone deals because of Apple's stranglehold.

Basically, you're out of luck for the near future lol
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Thanks guys!!

And after doing some more research (like I should have done earlier), I decided to wait till iPhone 5 comes out for the wife, (Sept 21 as of now), and the Razr HD for me (WHENEVER it comes out!!).

Thanks again for the info!!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    I'm with Stupid (Jk StupidGenius)
    LOL!! No worries, that's what all my closest friends call me. Woah...wait...a....second...
    dezymond likes this.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    Maxx, Maxx HD, Razr Maxx
    I have customers come in daily wanting the 4S, and I tell them that if I were going to get an iPhone, at this point it just makes more sense to wait for the 5 to come out because you'll have LTE capability, unlike all previous models being 3G only (you should see the looks on peoples faces when I explain to them that the 4 and 4S are just the generation names, and not meaning data connectivity, lol)

I definitely don't foresee a drop in price for the S3 for quite awhile, since it is so new. Even here at Costco, it's still $199 for the 16GB, and we're almost always less expensive than Corporate
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Twitter
    @daniverse
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S3
    Looks like I got a deal.. I got my VZW Galaxy S3 16GB from WalMart for $148.00! (Original contract price was $199.99) ..Must have been a promotion though.. I just checked WalMart and Radio Shack. Both stores had the sale, but it looks like both are back up to $199.99; BUT you get a $40 credit! So you're kinda getting a deal.. lol
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Phone
    Maxx, Maxx HD, Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by daniverse
    Looks like I got a deal.. I got my VZW Galaxy S3 16GB from WalMart for $148.00! (Original contract price was $199.99) ..Must have been a promotion though.. I just checked WalMart and Radio Shack. Both stores had the sale, but it looks like both are back up to $199.99; BUT you get a $40 credit! So you're kinda getting a deal.. lol
    Here at Costco, the $40 credit is ONLY good on NEW 2 year contracts, not upgrades. I am guessing that it is the same everywhere.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiescivic View Post
    I have customers come in daily wanting the 4S, and I tell them that if I were going to get an iPhone, at this point it just makes more sense to wait for the 5 to come out because you'll have LTE capability, unlike all previous models being 3G only (you should see the looks on peoples faces when I explain to them that the 4 and 4S are just the generation names, and not meaning data connectivity, lol)
    That doesn't surprise me at all. Those are the kinds of folks that the iPhone is typically for. No wonder they want one.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by jackiescivic

I definitely don't foresee a drop in price for the S3 for quite awhile, since it is so new. Even here at Costco, it's still $199 for the 16GB, and we're almost always less expensive than Corporate
    Yup, that's why I support android. Google's motto is don't be evil. Apple's motto is maximize profits and make everyone think that they are soooo privileged to own our products because they are soooo much better than anything else because our company is the only one that can truely innovate. I would say something about the evil empire here, but I won't. Oh wait, I just did....
    AC Shade

Yes my avatar is a chicken....WITH A CAMERA ON ITS HEAD!!!!
    Typed from some sort of computing device, but probably from my LG G2 which is fun to say over and over and over again...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links