DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: other phone vs droid reception

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid

other phone vs droid reception

For those of you with droids that have family members, who you live with, that use a different device...I was wondering how your Droid compares in signal strength under the same roof. My wife and I both have droids. Before that, both had the dare. The Droid seems to have a weaker signal in general. I've never dropped a call and I don't think my wife has either, but I've read about the Droid having a poor signal in comparison to other phones. We usually hang around -90dbm at our house. Honestly never checked the dare for actual signal. The bars were usually a good indication. The Droid however seems to fluctuate in bars while signal strength remains the same. On occasion we do lose 3g and show no signal for a brief period. Anyone notice a difference from their previous device or have some info while comparing the Droid to another phone in your household?

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    my Droid also fluctuates in its bars constantly....my mother has an Omnia, and my father has a BB Storm1...but I haven't ever really paid attention to their signal strength though...thats something I will have to check out

4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    my Droid also fluctuates in its bars constantly....my mother has an Omnia, and my father has a BB Storm1...but I haven't ever really paid attention to their signal strength though...thats something I will have to check out
    I'm curious, do the bars ever ever gray out completely during a call, ie; no bars? If so, does it recover to full during the call?
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Sitting in a restaurant with my son in law yesterday, searching the web. I have a Droid, he has an iPhone. I can go straight to the net, he has no signal. Who would have guessed that?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    For me the number of bars means absolutely nothing. I have never dropped a call and unless I completely have NO service (probably .04% of anywhere I've ever been) it just works. 4 bars, no bars...droid just DOES.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    For those of you with droids that have family members, who you live with, that use a different device...I was wondering how your Droid compares in signal strength under the same roof. My wife and I both have droids. Before that, both had the dare. The Droid seems to have a weaker signal in general. I've never dropped a call and I don't think my wife has either, but I've read about the Droid having a poor signal in comparison to other phones. We usually hang around -90dbm at our house. Honestly never checked the dare for actual signal. The bars were usually a good indication. The Droid however seems to fluctuate in bars while signal strength remains the same. On occasion we do lose 3g and show no signal for a brief period. Anyone notice a difference from their previous device or have some info while comparing the Droid to another phone in your household?
    I have not dropped any calls even where my Moto Q used to. I do notice the bars will fluctuate more but I never end up with none even up here in the boonies.
    I really can't believe how awesome this phone is.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jass View Post
    For me the number of bars means absolutely nothing. I have never dropped a call and unless I completely have NO service (probably .04% of anywhere I've ever been) it just works. 4 bars, no bars...droid just DOES.
    I haven't had any real issues with service, I was just curious how the Droid measures up in terms of signal strength. I'm not unsatisfied..just digging around.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I haven't had any real issues with service, I was just curious how the Droid measures up in terms of signal strength. I'm not unsatisfied..just digging around.
    Your question sparked my interest. Seems this is an issue that is well documented.

Link.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    Quote Originally Posted by BradDroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    I'm curious, do the bars ever ever gray out completely during a call, ie; no bars? If so, does it recover to full during the call?
    For me the bars seem to have little meaning. My signal strength found in settings-about phone-status is the same while my bars go from nothing to full back to 1 then to 3...it doesn't matter
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    Quote Originally Posted by BradDroid View Post
    Your question sparked my interest. Seems this is an issue that is well documented.

Link.
    I thought it might be nice if we could see some data from Droid owners who live with roommates or family that have Verizon with different phones and how the Droid does in the same environment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links